**** The Official Note 5 thread ****

Man of Honour
i think it will not work with Band 20 but others will confirm

to ensure it will work with all UK 4G networks you need the N920C which comes in 32Gb and 64Gb but no dual sim.

the Dual sim comes in 32Gb Max (i think)

Dual Sim:

Looking at XDA the N9208 does not support Band 20 and apparently not too hot on Vodafone.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/note5/general/uk-thread-brave-t3198786

The N920CD does support all bands:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/note5/help/n920c-duos-n920cd-t3200052/page3

Soldato
OP
My note 5 is sat at local DHL depot, says to be delivered on the agreed date of 6th November! (no idea who agreed this date)

Il be going to DHL depot today after work to collect it. :)

Soldato
OP
Early days I know but what do you think?

Did you have the Note 4?

Yep had a note 4 a few times. This very much reminds me of the s6 which I liked bar the battery, quality is outstanding.

The note 5 is very quick, I prefer it's form factor over the 6p which in imo is a little too tall. Fast wireless charging is cool too :)

Mygsm wrote 900AED on the package for customs.

The 6p is packed and ready to go back to Cpw

Had an OTA update ready too which I have installed. Hoping battery is good on the note 5

Permabanned
Yep had a note 4 a few times. This very much reminds me of the s6 which I liked bar the battery, quality is outstanding.

The note 5 is very quick, I prefer it's form factor over the 6p which in imo is a little too tall. Fast wireless charging is cool too :)

Mygsm wrote 900AED on the package for customs.

The 6p is packed and ready to go back to Cpw

Had an OTA update ready too which I have installed. Hoping battery is good on the note 5

Are you going to keep the UAE rom or try another stock rom?

I've ordered the 6P to have a play with.

When you reset the 6P how did you completely clear all trace of you?

I sold my N9208 and did a factory reset but the new owner couldn't set it up because it still wanted my email & password even though I went in to recovery & cleared everything.

Ta

Soldato
I sold my N9208 and did a factory reset but the new owner couldn't set it up because it still wanted my email & password even though I went in to recovery & cleared everything.

If you did an actual factory reset, I can't see how that would be the case. Just tell him to factory reset it again. Don't send your details, sounds like he might be trying it on.

Permabanned
If you did an actual factory reset, I can't see how that would be the case. Just tell him to factory reset it again. Don't send your details, sounds like he might be trying it on.

So you don't have to deactivate anything or sign out of gmail before a reset?

I once did a full factory reset on the Nexus 6 when I sold that & the owner had the same problem.

I thought a reset from the recovery & cache wipe cleaned everything off?

maybe I'm missing something?

Permabanned
It sounds to me like you're not actually factory resetting?

Tbh, I don't go into recovery to do it, so I don't remember what options are even there.

In recovery Mode -
reboot system now
apply update from ADB
wipe data/factory reset<<<What I use
Wipe Cache partition<<<What I use
Power Down

Isn't those a factory resetting?

Ta

Permabanned
A factory reset within android should clear all. But you need to delete pics and stuff manually.

Yeah that's what I thought but the lad said when he got the email part is asked for email with which it was first set up with, his email wouldn't let him continue.

I had the same thing with the Nexus 6

Back
Top Bottom