**** The Official Note 5 thread ****

A factory reset within android should clear all. But you need to delete pics and stuff manually.

Use the reset in settings and tick the box to wipe all data and it's all covered. The same as in recovery as it boots into it to do it.

How would I do that, I only have the two gmail accounts I use on the phone.

You would boot it back up after wipe and see if you can get to enter new details surely?

**EDIT**

Interesting

Reset your device in Recovery mode: If you reset your device using the recovery menu, you need to enter a Google username and password associated with the device during the setup process. You need to be connected to the Internet to completely set up and use the device after reset.

You could be snookered here. Is it someone local you sold it to?

Last edited:
Use the reset in settings and tick the box to wipe all data and it's all covered. The same as in recovery as it boots into it to do it.

You would boot it back up after wipe and see if you can get to enter new details surely?

**EDIT**

Interesting

You could be snookered here. Is it someone local you sold it to?

Yes & we got it sorted. But I am asking on here for future referance.

Reset your device in Recovery mode: If you reset your device using the recovery menu, you need to enter a Google username and password associated with the device during the setup process. You need to be connected to the Internet to completely set up and use the device after reset.

Is what I do. S I guess its the wrong way to do it?

So what is the right way to do it

Just a quick one.

For those that had the Note 4, would you say the Note 5 is worth the upgrade ?

The real things that puts me off is not being able to add a memory card and not being able to swap out batteries.

Just a quick one.

The real things that puts me off is not being able to add a memory card and not being able to swap out batteries.

Yes, it's fast, great camera and battery life but I like updating. Was bothered about SD card but 64GB has sorted that out. Batteries, when was the last time you swapped one out?

Just a quick one.

Absolutely - It's better in every way - No SD Card is a bummer - Go OTG & your sorted. Battery swap, meh...

Get one & you'll never want use the Note 4 again.

Those who ordered from mygsm who was the UK carrier for posting?

I have issues every time with a certain one. I think I'm finally ordering today!

DHL for me too

is there any benefit orderding from Mygsm over Ebay ?

im sold.. im upgrading. 64gb here we come !

not really, if i knew of the seller on ebay i would have bought from him, guaranteed no Customs to pay and pay in pounds etc

just checked my credit card (Lloyds), its cost me from mygsm:

£465.31 for the phone
£13.72 (non sterling fee)
£41 Customs

£520.03 delivered

hey ho!

Ebay guy seems to have one for £ 489 delivered, one week delivery

decisions..

i assume i would be covered by paypal protection and that stuff on ebay..

Back
Top Bottom