**** The Official Note 5 thread ****

Soldato
its here ! and it is as nice as everyone says (the colour)

and also wanted to say thank you to everyone on here that has helped me

now to go play !!!

Man of Honour
Just received it. WOW, I only wish I had made the jump sooner!

It's a lot nicer to handle then my Note 4, and I really like the thin side bezel. Very glad I chose this colour. Now, off to update and play with it!

its here ! and it is as nice as everyone says (the colour)

and also wanted to say thank you to everyone on here that has helped me

now to go play !!!

You've had a play now what do you think?

Associate
I agree, coming from a Note 4 which I've had since the turn of the year, the Note 5 is a much bigger upgrade for me than I was expecting it to be. I wish I had made the jump sooner now.

It's build quality is simply fantastic, it feels unbelievably premium compared to the Note 4, which was a nice upgrade from the Note 3 I had. No more sharp edges when handling it and even though the screen size has remained the same you can tell it's not as wide in the hand and it's more manageable than before. I like the build better than my girlfriends new iPhone 6s, that thing is so hard to handle simply because it's so slippery. Even being glass both sides the Note 5 has never attempted to dive out of my hand! (Speaking of handling, has anyone held theirs backwards, as if you were holding an S6 EDGE+? It really doesn't feel right, I wonder how well that handset has sold in the end.)

I love the thin side bezels, the screen looks higher quality to my eye, but I might be talking out of my hat! The new finger print reader (I was very frustrated at times with swiping on the note 4 reader) is fast and faultless. Little touches to the software make it feel a more premium experience too, animations when opening the camera, multitasking, locking the screen and just how fast it is in general make it really nice to use. I usually use Nova launcher but I've not moved from TW so far, there are too many small changes coming from a Note 4 to list but I've not found anything I don't like.

So to echo the comment above, the Note 4 was a great device for me, but the Note 5 is way (way!) better :)

Soldato
i have only had a quick play, ill need to finish installing everything later before i start using it as my main phone

but first impressions is that its way more responsive than my note 4. it defo feels more prememium build wise and is everything the note 4 was and better

i still need more time with it though

Permabanned
Has anyone noticed that an awful lot of themes in the theme store are now paid themes? Is it because we have a UAE device? When I had the Taiwan device they where all free.

Soldato
about 2-4 days delivery

remember there will be a little VAT/TAX on top.. i paid £42 customs fee

im not sure. i looked at the dual sim ones but ended up going for 64gb.

edit:

you need to ask them to put a lower amount on the invoice for shipping to pay less duty.. they will

very good customer service

Soldato
OP
Where are you guys buying them from and how much?

Will Samsung support them Warranty wise in the UK?

Wow, £450 with a Note 5 64 GB is amazing! What are the dual sim devices?

How fast is shipping?

Mygsm will honour the warranty only in UAE. So you will have to post the phone back to them, courier costs around £17 for this from what I've seen.

The n920c is the phone you need that supports all uk 4g bands, but this does not come in a dual sim model (yet, not sure about future either)

Delivery was very quick, expect to pay some duty unless your very lucky, I payed £41 and the parcel was marked as 900AED

Cost is around the same as a nexus 6p so the note 5 in my opinion is a no brainer, great service by mygsm, they are quick to answer via what's app

The phone is a beast for sure !

Back
Top Bottom