**** The Official Note 5 thread ****

Man of Honour
That's perfect, thank you again. Do you know if that App will store your credentials?

How else will it work. Look here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...central&utm_medium=blog&utm_campaign=bloglink

Also, do you know how to enable the location based rotating wallpaper? I am also looking to import my contact pictures from Facebook without syncing other Facebook data, is this possible?

This may help:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=i...+my+contact+pictures+from+Facebook+to+android

Soldato
Can I ask, is it you're trying to avoid using Google? If you're going to use Android, I would think life is a lot easier if you move over? Having said that, I've not used the iOS side of things outside of work, so I guess I could be wrong.

Associate
Can I ask, is it you're trying to avoid using Google? If you're going to use Android, I would think life is a lot easier if you move over? Having said that, I've not used the iOS side of things outside of work, so I guess I could be wrong.

Hi Andy,

I'm not 100% sure that I want to switch to Android yet and I am currently using both my Note 5 and iPhone 6s Plus so in the interim, whichever device i'm using i'd like all my data to remain in sync on both until I decided to make the jump fully. Once I do (if I do) I will fully migrate to one platform.

Associate
Looks like Facebook has disabled contact syncing as it simply fails to sync contacts after a recent update.

Anyone know how to enable the location based wallpaper for the home screen?

I'm also going to have a play around with Nova.

Thanks

Associate
So... It's been a week since I've had the Note 5. Overall I love the screen, the performance is good and the battery is decent. However, I miss little things from my iPhone 6S Plus.

I don't like how I can't use my fingerprint for apps like 1Password,

These forums display better on the iPhone

Keyboard, I've tried many and still don't really like most of them, iPhone keyboard is clear and more accurate for me

FaceTime and iMessage are killer for me, all my family use them and my friends in America who I communicate with lots use that platform, they don't have what's app so the integration is great

There are just little things, though I do love the Note 5 too but I can't keep both. So I'm thinking of going back to my iPhone 6s Plus.

Some apps like Facebook are just polished better on iOS.

Now I'm stuck with a Note 5 as I can't return it and don't have enough posts for members market despite being a member from early 2000. Any tips on the best place to sell it to get back what I paid?

Thanks for all the support and tips

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
So... It's been a week since I've had the Note 5. Overall I love the screen, the performance is good and the battery is decent. However, I miss little things from my iPhone 6S Plus.

I don't like how I can't use my fingerprint for apps like 1Password,

These forums display better on the iPhone

Keyboard, I've tried many and still don't really like most of them, iPhone keyboard is clear and more accurate for me

FaceTime and iMessage are killer for me, all my family use them and my friends in America who I communicate with lots use that platform, they don't have what's app so the integration is great

There are just little things, though I do love the Note 5 too but I can't keep both. So I'm thinking of going back to my iPhone 6s Plus.

Some apps like Facebook are just polished better on iOS.

Now I'm stuck with a Note 5 as I can't return it and don't have enough posts for members market despite being a member from early 2000. Any tips on the best place to sell it to get back what I paid?

Thanks for all the support and tips

Once your invested heavily with one os it is hard to move over, for me it's vice versa, can't get along with IOS. Find it too slow compared to Android

But well done for giving it a go

Associate
& slower updates!! :D

Chris, sorry to hear you're thinking of selling, if people are not using watsapp I have no idea of an alternative to facetime/imessage. I would look to sell on AVForums personally.

Associate
Thanks guys.

I really do love the screen and device quality.

For me, it's more service offerings. The iPhone is also fantastic, I'm just bored of iOS and lack of customisation. This is where the Note 5 really shines on top of the fantastic hardware.

AV might be a hard sell as I don't have an account and a new registered user might be suspicious.

Associate
I had to join there as a new account to sell my Note 4 & the Mrs iPhone, it was fine as long as you're prepared to have a buyer ask you to provide a picture of photo ID etc.

Back
Top Bottom