**** The Official Note 5 thread ****

Soldato
Without doubt the Note 5, that's why I've spent some £££ to simply move to a N920C and 64GB. I do like the 6P (I love it's yellow skin now too :) ) but there are still a few faults for me.

Top end devices these days are all generally amazing devices, so often I chose by process of elimination. If they have little niggles that aren't right for me, for example the 6P is just that little bit too tall, the Bluetooth seems weak and the lack of OIS is quite a big one.

The Note 4's problem was it's speaker. I listen to a lot of podcasts and it just wasn't quite good enough. On the Note 5 I don't have that problem. The only thing that comes close, that I can think of right now, as a flaw that almost made me move on, was the finger print sensor. The Note 5's just isn't as good as the 6P's, but it's good enough.

I guess the other thing that was close to making me move (or go back to the 6P) was the lack of Marshmallow. I think I can live without it for now and it looks to be coming fairly soon.

I'll have that Andy once it's posted...will save me having to import one! Was going to buy the other one that's got put up but you bought it!

Cool, I'll wait for/look forward to a message from you :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
Without doubt the Note 5, that's why I've spent some £££ to simply move to a N920C and 64GB. I do like the 6P (I love it's yellow skin now too :) ) but there are still a few faults for me.

Top end devices these days are all generally amazing devices, so often I chose by process of elimination. If they have little niggles that aren't right for me, for example the 6P is just that little bit too tall, the Bluetooth seems weak and the lack of OIS is quite a big one.

The Note 4's problem was it's speaker. I listen to a lot of podcasts and it just wasn't quite good enough. On the Note 5 I don't have that problem. The only thing that comes close, that I can think of right now, as a flaw that almost made me move on, was the finger print sensor. The Note 5's just isn't as good as the 6P's, but it's good enough.

I guess the other thing that was close to making me move (or go back to the 6P) was the lack of Marshmallow. I think I can live without it for now and it looks to be coming fairly soon.

Cool, I'll wait for/look forward to a message from you :)

Thanks for that.

My feelings on the Nexus 6p.....

I'm starting to fall out with my N6P.

I cannot quite put my finger on what it is.....

All the things that are so readly at hand on my Note 4 & Note 5, seam to be a hidden or more steps than I desire to take to get to.

I know the idea with a Nexus Device is to tinker but when things become a toil that's it becomes boring to use.

I'm not saying the Nexus 6P is rubbish or the Note's are better.

It's just how I am starting to feel when I use it.

Probably just me.....

Soldato
By the way, it doesn't look to me like we lose any performance by encrypting -

Although I'm not sure about battery life...

Oh, and I got a rather nice Orzly bumper case yesterday too (free, for rating their cables 5 stars on Amazon, which I would have done anyway!)

Soldato
Cheers Andy, will have a look at the case.
Phone arrived safe and sound btw and the horrid red skin was off before I'd even put my sim in :D. All setup and well happy.

DSC00356_zpskwixxtbe.jpg~original

Soldato
Oh sorry. I think the N920C is the version of choice.

**EDIT** Btw, has anyone else noticed how much battery drain you can get from a 5Ghz WiFi?! Seems to make a pretty huge difference for me at home. Using 5Ghz is maybe 6-8% an hour, 2.4Ghz is 2-4%. I know it doesn't go through walls so well, but I'm only in a small flat, so it's not got far to go.

Last edited:
Soldato
The Note 5 is my chosen device, end of really.

Some thoughts about it here -

Having just watched it again, the only thing I've been having some battery issues recently, so maybe that's not the Note 5, maybe a tie.

For me, the big one was no OIS in the 6P. I do like using my phone to make day to day or outing/social event video's and the wobbly 6P really was a bit of a deal breaker.

Permabanned
The Note 5 is my chosen device, end of really.

Some thoughts about it here -

Having just watched it again, the only thing I've been having some battery issues recently, so maybe that's not the Note 5, maybe a tie.

For me, the big one was no OIS in the 6P. I do like using my phone to make day to day or outing/social event video's and the wobbly 6P really was a bit of a deal breaker.

That video is a bit old now, How about an update now you have had them both longer?

I have both as well but just don't think the N6P is as good, all it has going for it is timely updates.

Everything else the Note 5 kicks a$$.

What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom