**** The Official Note 5 thread ****

Don
Mine arrived this morning. I was a little unsure about the gold colour but I have to say it looks fantastic in the flesh. Disappointingly it picks up more than its fair share of finger prints :(

I've got a gun metal carbon fibre skin and Tetded leather wallet on the way though.

Man of Honour
Mine arrived this morning. I was a little unsure about the gold colour but I have to say it looks fantastic in the flesh. Disappointingly it picks up more than its fair share of finger prints :(

I've got a gun metal carbon fibre skin and Tetded leather wallet on the way though.

Initial thoughts on it?

Don
Haven't really had a proper play with it yet. Spent 30 minutes before I was happy with the screen protector and just finished setting it up.

The design and feel of it is very nice - a huge improvement on the Note 4.

Associate
I went with the Ringke fusion case at first but cant recommend.. the port covers will drive you bananas.

Gone with a iHarbort clear case for now.

Associate
Any updates about battery life guys ? ( i know it Maybe early for few new owners )

Battery life is decent, lasts all day for me. With fast charging, its good to go again in no time :p

screen.png

5 hours. Ive installed a new update since so will see how things go.

Associate
Is that the Ringke slim? Mine came today, much prefer it over the spigen case I had previously.

What's the iharbort like? Think it's 1.90 on amazon?

I went with the Ringke fusion case at first but cant recommend.. the port covers will drive you bananas.

Gone with a iHarbort clear case for now.

Associate
Is that the Ringke slim? Mine came today, much prefer it over the spigen case I had previously.

What's the iharbort like? Think it's 1.90 on amazon?

Mine had silly dust caps, the slim is different.

bananas.jpg

Harbort does the job :)
Its a soft gel case, buttons work fine & has a decent sized cutout for the spen unlike the Ringke.

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys.

I've been onto mygsm they said black maybe in within 3 days

Unsure about what colour to get Tbh

Edit. Is it worth ordering from fonis for guaranteed no customs charge and also easy/cheap UK returns for warranty?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
64gb 920c ordered from mygsm today , chatted to the guy on what's app, was 2499 plus 150 AED postage. Still works out cheaper than a 64gb nexus 6p

Instant replies from mygsm on what's app , very impressed. Ordered within 5 mins.

Got the titanium after checking out the comparisons.

Anyone recommend case and glass screen protector with no halo ?

Thanks all for your advice and help

Associate
lmfy2k

What does that end up working out to in £'s then?

There is an N9208 on AVForums in Titanium, 64GB for £405 delivered. I'm tempted but just a little concerned on potential resale value down the line as it only has 4G with EE & 3 (I'm on EE)

Soldato
OP
lmfy2k

What does that end up working out to in £'s then?

There is an N9208 on AVForums in Titanium, 64GB for £405 delivered. I'm tempted but just a little concerned on potential resale value down the line as it only has 4G with EE & 3 (I'm on EE)

il find out for defo when i see my Credit Card statement in a few days

but according to XE its £467 delivered plus credit card overseas transaction fee what ever that may be, as long as its under £500 then il be happy, he did say he would mark the parcel as gift too, lets hope it helps

reason why i sent for the 920C as resale imo will be better, although im on 3 and the only other provider i would go to is EE anyway

the transaction is very easy, i whats apped him load of questions he replied instantly, he placed the order for me via the website (after i created an account) then he sent an email with invoice and to pay by card using PayTabs checkout, then I paid and he confirmed he got the payment via whats app, cant fault the service, he said he will ship out today and send me tracking details today

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom