• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Man of Honour
Please enlighten me in your infinite wisdom as to how dedicated DP units are used when a GPU performs graphics processing? Because in the majority they aren't and remain inactive but still using power. Hence Dark Silicone as it is silicone that is not being used.

Using silicone instead of silicon taking your words out of context gives them an entirely different meaning (if somewhat infantile of me).

bru

bru

Soldato
Using silicone instead of silicon taking your words out of context gives them an entirely different meaning (if somewhat infantile of me).

That's was the first thing I thought of as well...lol. Just goes to show my level of thought process...lol

Man of Honour

That's was the first thing I thought of as well...lol. Just goes to show my level of thought process...lol

NVidia demonstrates first dark silicone model

xxC6PYI.jpg

Unfortunately tech journalists are unimpressed as it is nothing new.

Caporegime
"not cheap" != "premium"

She actually said "competitive".

Not cheap, not budget, competitive with nVidia.

And so what does that mean? Rivaling their perf, and rivaling their price.

If you think AMD, after all these "not a budget solution" quotes, are going to massively undercut nVidia prices for comparable GPUs... well, prepare for disappointment.

All the signs are there; it's not my fault if you don't want to interpret them.

Back
Top Bottom