• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Soldato
They didn't even spell GDDR5X right ;) more of the same in the article it seems. Anyway, Ti won't be here until somewhere 2017 I strongly believe. Until then surely you'll be okay with your GPU setup.

With the last Ti it was rumoured to be 2016 but ended up to be much earlier in june 2015. Im not going to make the same mistake I did last time which was buy two 980's then sell them a few month's later for Ti's.

I'll wait it out for the 1080Ti's. And yeah my Ti's should easily last until then.

Their release will soley depend on the new titan replacement im guessing. Hopefully we will see the Ti's before next year.

Associate
More "leaks" coming out at the moment.
NVIDIA-GeForce-X80-X80Ti-X80-TITAN.png

Source
http://videocardz.com/58625/nvidia-geforce-x80ti-and-geforce-x80-titan-specs-hit-the-web-or-do-they

Associate
I want to get excited, but -

Unfortunately this post does not deliver super exclusive leak to you today, but it should start a discussion of what is the future of GeForce series, especially how is NVIDIA going to call them?

Caporegime
nvidia gonna nvidia, always so skimp with the ram

The 980 is getting a 50% bump, the 980Ti an extra 2GB and the Titan 4GB. I doubt any card will come with more than 16GB at the high end.

But i'm dubious that the Ti model will come with GDRR5 if the Titan comes with HBM2

Soldato
That chart is full of poo.
GDDR5 on the x80Ti but HMB2 on the Titan? Sure... the 80Ti is usually a cut down of a Titan so why would one have GDDR5 and the other HBM2?

And the titan has near enough a 1000 more shader units and more ROPs and more texture units than the x80Ti and is the same TDP? Sure HMB2 could save power but not that much its going to match the TDP.

Man of Honour
That chart is full of poo.
GDDR5 on the x80Ti but HMB2 on the Titan? Sure... the 80Ti is usually a cut down of a Titan so why would one have GDDR5 and the other HBM2?

And the titan has near enough a 1000 more shader units and more ROPs and more texture units than the x80Ti and is the same TDP? Sure HMB2 could save power but not that much its going to match the TDP.

It would be a bit strange as they are both supposedly GP100 - they are going to implement the memory interface for both technologies onto the same die? defeating some of the purpose of utilising HBM?

Man of Honour
The 980 is getting a 50% bump, the 980Ti an extra 2GB and the Titan 4GB. I doubt any card will come with more than 16GB at the high end.

But i'm dubious that the Ti model will come with GDRR5 if the Titan comes with HBM2

The Ti and Titan will both share the same GPU core and memory system. The only question is how cut down the Ti will be.

I also don't think we will see either of these cards for quite a while as they will probably feature HBM2.

Back
Top Bottom