• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Soldato
Yeah that is pretty horrific looking :D. I'd think/hope there will be vendor styles. And 3 slot sized ones.

Nvidia lists 2,3 and 4 slot sized bridges but doesn't look like triple+ SLI is possible... Guess we will see. Underneath its just a cable connecting them so would imagine there will be a lot of choice with the new cards from EVGA, Asus etc.

Associate
I'm not sure. The SLI bridge connects the top and bottom cards. The middle card however is not.

What Tyler-jrb said - Its not fake, its 2 x SLI and one dedicated for PhysX.

The picture comes from an nVidia dude so i doubt its a fake pic.

Same outcome though lol!

I'm (the wife) actually quite happy with 2-way as it will mean more freedom on my pipe routes (edit: and less impact on his wallet; the wife) etc.

Now, I must go hoover or something...

Cheers
Ben

Soldato
SLi is so good for GPU manufacturers and so bad for consumers. lol. They must be laughing all the way to the bank. Selling 1 person 2 cards. That often runs buggy.

Just make your single cards much better! We want fast as hell single cards!

Soldato
Soldato
The videos posted by Mobipicker ARE 100% fake. There is no showing of the system or anything. I could throw my 560ti in vs my 980ti and make up fake frames.

Btw that zotac backplate looks lush.

Soldato

nvidia spokesperson also quoted as saying:

'SLI has always been broken in anything other than benchmarking software and we want to remove support completely because frankly, we can no longer be arsed with trying to get Ubisoft to support it'.

3/4 Way SLI? Good riddance to bad rubbish.

1080 2 Way SLI? Dead on arrival for most games.

I am more than happy with that the single card rig can do over my 4-way rig.

Soldato
That ZOTAC backplate looks nice IMO. Seems they've gone with perspex or something similar, with LED's behind so as to illuminate the edges. It's different, and hopefully RGB, although if that's perspex it's going to scratch easily! Isn't that ZOTAC logo on top the wrong way round though, as in the case it will be positioned like the blue version??

Associate
Bizarre these posts claiming SLI isn't supported or doesn't work - for me I've been amazed how how well it's worked (and how early for new titles) in general. 980 SLI was my first foray and I was nervous given this sort of rumour but I've had an excellent experience. I'd say 90% of the time I've had no problems with it really, and when there have been generally there's a workaround or a driver update fairly quickly.
Certainly a single 980 wasn't sufficient for all-the-eye-candy, big FPS @ 1440p. It's easy to switch it off to experience that.

Associate
Will my cosair RM550 PSU be enough for a 1080?

I have a tv card, Creative ZxR, 2 hard drives, 1 blueray drive and
running 4770k on a sabertooth Z87 in my system at the moment.

Soldato
Just to throw this out there and not being at all a source of knowledge in the SLI space, how much bandwidth is typically consumer card to card? For example is 1GBPs pretty much enough at current state or is it throttling things?

I guess we also do not know whether there will be an option to use the SLI single lanes, therefore allowing you to have 4 should you wish but halving your SLI comms bandwidth to 1GBPS from 2. Unless the technology on the SLI slot has evolved and the hardware could sustain 3-4 cards with a bespoke bridge that houses 3-4 2 slot connectors... Or this is simply not possible?

Back
Top Bottom