• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Man of Honour
Spot on. It just needed more decorum when people were discussing "rumors" and not the belittlement that entailed from DM and his belittlement text ended up being so far wrong, it has become a little comical in a tongue in cheek kind of way. It sometimes pays to hold your hands up when you are wrong as well but I see that hasn't happened :(

I am not even sure why DM is posting in this thread as he has no interest in NVidia cards and will never own a Pascal card !!!!

Caporegime
Followed a few months later that they were ahead of schedule. Followed in march with news that their financials will grown end of Q2 due GDRR5X.

We knew since the start of the year that their production was ahead of their original summer schedule yet people still blinded repeated old out-dated information.

You literally just stated that a few months after the start of the year is when Micron said they were ahead of schedule... and by a couple of weeks. They announced their earnings report info from what I can see end of March. They announced gddr5x to enter mass production in June around January... but apparently you knew better and never once brought up the fact Micron were bringing it forward in all the discussions about gddr5x back then... you're bringing it up now and only now... surprising.

https://www.micron.com/about/blogs/2016/february/gddr5x-has-arrived

Micron FIRST announced summer production for GDDR5x Feb 9th, that is the first time a release schedule was talked about at all but now you're rewriting history and saying people were using outdated information... information you didn't refute at the time btw but are now based off a made up timeline you've concocted. Micron from what I can see said products were due end of the quarter, which includes June. I see nothing(but good write ups are hard to find) saying anything about Micron being ahead of schedule from their conference call. Micron themselves announced it had entered mass production a full two whole days ago.

Oh and just to top off the analysis of your story, the forecast for Q3 for Micron isn't good(like Nvidia they have a skewed quarterly, March was end of Q2 for them this period is Q3). They made a 4mil operating loss and 2.93billion in revenue. Their forecast is between a 70mil loss and 10mil profit with a 2.8-3.1bil forecast(much like their Q2 forecast had been). THeir gross margin forecast is down and despite gddr5x which will be a higher margin and higher profit product, their forecast is not great and not any better than Q2. Market conditions they listed specifically

Early success of GDDR5X in Graphics segment

from http://files.shareholder.com/downlo...F4B35E81F/FQ2-2016_Earnings_Slides_V6_web.pdf

That is also the specific wording I saw listed in the conference call in various articles. I still see not anything anywhere that either says forecasts up at all let alone forecast up due to gddr5x.

So we were all using outdated information to debunk a April launch of Titan/GP104 because Micron would announce they were ahead of schedule months later, but you knew all this and never once mentioned it. I think there are a few holes in your story.

Last edited:
Soldato
NV are probably just buying masses and masses of "engineering samples" and having Micron mark them with final product codes.

Meanwhile companies that don't operate on spite and ego will just wait for the actual start of mass production and not fob their customers off with downclocked junk.

Caporegime
Spot on. It just needed more decorum when people were discussing "rumors" and not the belittlement that entailed from DM and his belittlement text ended up being so far wrong, it has become a little comical in a tongue in cheek kind of way. It sometimes pays to hold your hands up when you are wrong as well but I see that hasn't happened :(

It's funny because when asked you could never highlight what part was rude or belittling, however it's surprising that the same 4-5 people found my posts apparently rude and felt no problem being rude to me to say that, but no one else managed to misinterpret every post incorrectly in the same way. It's funny that the same 4-5 people always attack others posts when they don't like the content screaming about the nature of the post.

It's also your constant inability to comprehend what I'm saying and it still persists. How could I be wrong when I went out of my way to explain to your after all the little harassing attacking posts on everything I said that you can both call a specific rumour incorrect because the information that rumour was drawing from was provably wrong, and not be saying the guess at a release date was inaccurate.

See somehow when I say hey, this rumour is BS because the piece of information they are using to suggest an April date is bogus... as "it can't possibly launch in April because this rumour is bogus".

The rumour has a context, it's not just the April date, it's "we think it's launching in April because 'stuff' ". If the stuff is wrong the rumour is wrong and the article is bogus, that doesn't mean April is wrong which is why I repeatedly explained that.

Yet here you are again attacking me for claims I wasn't making as you attacked me then for claims I wasn't making. It's hilarious how you wilfully misinterpret what I'm saying, decide that is rude and constantly attack my posts based on this.

Caporegime
I am not even sure why DM is posting in this thread as he has no interest in NVidia cards and will never own a Pascal card !!!!

Exactly where have I shown no interest in technology? In all threads for the past well, decade, I've shown an avid interest in technology, fabrication of silicon chips, all GPU technology.

I won't buy an Nvidia gpu most likely because I dislike their business practices, but I've always shown an interest in the technology and a willingness to discuss it all. It's when I'm drawn into defending myself from the usual suspects, yourself included that the discussion goes off topic, never at any other times.

But yeah, because I won't buy Nvidia I absolutely couldn't possibly be interested in the technology. But that was a really good addition to the discussion, come in, post about me but not about Pascal... the usual for you. YOu don't appear to be interested in buying a Pro Duo yet you've spammed your way through each and every Pro Duo thread. Difference is you're trolling each thread on purpose with such obviously incorrect information.

Caporegime
No, you are putting things back to front and trying to make a point where there is none. The info about gddr5x hitting full production in the summer was never a rumour.
No one said it was a rumour, just like when Micron said they were way ahead of the summer scheule, or when micron announced they are shipping GDRR5X back in march, or when Micron said they expct signfiiant sales due to GDRR5X by the end of Q2 were not rumours. Yet still people didn;tbeleive those facts.

And it was only recent that they released information about being ahead of schedule.

Confirmations about bringing production ahead and being ahead of schedule only appeared over the past few days, before then it was always summer. And Q2 growth points to the summer as well.

Except if by the last few days you mean last few months:

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/micron-starts-sampling-gddr5x-memory-to-customers.html
03/24/2016
Way ahead of schedule (the target was late Summer) Micron has started shipping GDDR5X Memory its customers, likely Nvidia first.

And By Q2 you mean May to June which is spring.

Soldato
Exactly where have I shown no interest in technology? In all threads for the past well, decade, I've shown an avid interest in technology, fabrication of silicon chips, all GPU technology.

I won't buy an Nvidia gpu most likely because I dislike their business practices, but I've always shown an interest in the technology and a willingness to discuss it all. It's when I'm drawn into defending myself from the usual suspects, yourself included that the discussion goes off topic, never at any other times.

But yeah, because I won't buy Nvidia I absolutely couldn't possibly be interested in the technology. But that was a really good addition to the discussion, come in, post about me but not about Pascal... the usual for you. YOu don't appear to be interested in buying a Pro Duo yet you've spammed your way through each and every Pro Duo thread. Difference is you're trolling each thread on purpose with such obviously incorrect information.
No one doubts your interest in the technology. I think the person was wrong to question your being here simply because you dont want to buy an Nvidia card. Obviously this shouldn't be an Nvidia fanclub thread with a sign outside saying "No AMD fans allowed". That would be ridiculous.

But I do think people are right to question your emotional investment in terms of your preference. You openly admit you dont like Nvidia, but I think that *clearly* colors your perception of everything Nvidia-related at every possible turn. You seem absolutely LOATHE to say anything good about them or their products whatsoever. You take everything you hear and you try and twist it into the most negative angle you can possibly come up with. Anything to stop people being excited about Nvidia, as that clearly irks you something fierce given the level of rhetoric we have to hear from you on the subject.

Now I do get that AMD is seen as an underdog and that it means a certain level of resentment towards the currently 'leading' manufacturer, but all this is oh so predictable from my experience watching sports. It's all the same thing to some and that's kinda sad. It's a competition and people get invested in one or the other company and root for them and wish the other ill will. But we're talking about corporations here. Big businesses with big wigs and beancounters beholden to their shareholders. They dont care about you, they are out to find ways to procure your hard-earned money.

Not that actual sports team worship is that much more rational, but at least they aren't necessarily specifically selling anything to you. You dont have to buy 'x' team's merchandise to enjoy supporting them. It just feels like a particularly dismal leap to start cheering for product manufacturers like sports teams, ya know?

Man of Honour

If you were that well read you would not have got your Pascal facts wrong would you.:D

Soldato
No one said it was a rumour, just like when Micron said they were way ahead of the summer scheule, or when micron announced they are shipping GDRR5X back in march, or when Micron said they expct signfiiant sales due to GDRR5X by the end of Q2 were not rumours. Yet still people didn;tbeleive those facts.

Except if by the last few days you mean last few months:

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/micron-starts-sampling-gddr5x-memory-to-customers.html

And By Q2 you mean May to June which is spring.

You have things very back to front D.P, that is talking about shipping Engineering Samples of the memory to customers for testing, that does not imply mass production has started.

Only in the past few days have they announced that mass production has started after bringing the schedule forwards.

That article has nothing to do with mass production.

Caporegime
You have things very back to front D.P, that is talking about shipping Engineering Samples of the memory to customers for testing, that does not imply mass production has started.

Only in the past few days have they announced that mass production has started after bringing the schedule forwards.

That article has nothing to do with mass production.

Who said anythign about amss prodution?

It has been known for months that Micron were well ahead of their summer schedule, that is a black and white fact.

Soldato
Who said anythign about amss prodution?

It has been known for months that Micron were well ahead of their summer schedule, that is a black and white fact.

Where is it a fact? the only solid info was them going to mass production in the summer originally and now they are ahead of schedule as of a few days ago.

There is a big difference between shipping samples to customers and making something in bulk.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom