• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Soldato
I have never been nothing but a multi GPU user and never had problems.

Just takes a bit more skill and setup to get the best out of it.

Apparently Nvidia will only be focusing on Dual card setups with Pascal. No triple or quad setups, which might be the same for higher end parts beyond the 1080 as well.

Soldato

its not so much what you did or didn't say (or even how wrong you were, though you were), it was the complete lack of respect for anyone wanting to have a discussion around the rumours that were popping up on external sites, whilst at the same time perpetuating other rumours, which also turned out not to be correct

thats the nature of rumours, they are going to be somewhat apocryphal, or at the very least wildly innacurate, you don't actually have to go ballistic at people for discussing them... your rumours turned out to be just as wrong, though somehow you seem to be trying to say that they were "based on information" but they weren't they based on massive assumptions (that turned out to be wrong)

consequently, you are getting a bit of ribbing for it, you can either take in good jest and admit you were wrong, or... do that ^ whatever that is

Last edited:
Soldato
In regards to the Micron Thing, there was a full press release with them stating that GDDR5X would go into mass production in the summer.

The news now is that Micron has ramped up full production and brought it ahead of their original schedule.

It was never a rumour that micron were going into production in the summer for GDDR5X, it was a fact before the more recent announcement.

Soldato
Sold my 980 Sli for £300 could got more but mates rates :)
I can keep them till my 1080 arrive time to choose a manufacturer

Tempted by founders but think evga be good idea?

Soldato
In regards to the Micron Thing, there was a full press release with them stating that GDDR5X would go into mass production in the summer.

The news now is that Micron has ramped up full production and brought it ahead of their original schedule.

It was never a rumour that micron were going into production in the summer for GDDR5X, it was a fact before the more recent announcement.

if it turns out not to be correct then it isn't a fact, no matter the source of the information, they were wrong, and later corrected themselves

Soldato
if it turns out not to be correct then it isn't a fact, no matter the source of the information, they were wrong, and later corrected themselves

The original source was Micron themselves.

They obviously had some plans change so far down the line and ramped up production earlier than their initial press release.

Soldato
Odd, I got noticeably worse frames in SLI, more stutter etc. It's been a while since I've tried it though, maybe it's improved?

With regards to other titles in SLI though my experience has been pretty positive.

3440x1440 @ 60fps maxed on Witcher 3 was beautiful.

Yeah it should be fixed now. Runs fine for me anyway at 90-144fps with the division. I get good scaling with 99% of the games I play.

SLI for me is a must. To get the best perf and settings possible.

Associate
Same here, rather wait a few weeks and get the cheaper card that makes less noise.

You plan on upgrading to 1080, or you going to hold out for Vega/big pascal?

Going to upgrade to the 1080. 980Ti has served me well from launch when I had 1080p but it's starting to struggle for me with the latest DX12 games at 1440p. The Fury X is clawing back quite a lot of performance due to the GCN architecture being made for the latest api's.

Even if it's only 25% faster than a 980Ti at launch I have a feeling the gap will slowly widen over time with NVIDIA proritising the latest architecture. The 980Ti depreciation is of little concern to me as it was a gift.

Caporegime
its not so much what you did or didn't say (or even how wrong you were, though you were), it was the complete lack of respect for anyone wanting to have a discussion around the rumours that were popping up on external sites, whilst at the same time perpetuating other rumours, which also turned out not to be correct

thats the nature of rumours, they are going to be somewhat apocryphal, or at the very least wildly innacurate, you don't actually have to go ballistic at people for discussing them... your rumours turned out to be just as wrong, though somehow you seem to be trying to say that they were "based on information" but they weren't they based on massive assumptions (that turned out to be wrong)

consequently, you are getting a bit of ribbing for it, you can either take in good jest and admit you were wrong, or... do that ^ whatever that is

Spot on. It just needed more decorum when people were discussing "rumors" and not the belittlement that entailed from DM and his belittlement text ended up being so far wrong, it has become a little comical in a tongue in cheek kind of way. It sometimes pays to hold your hands up when you are wrong as well but I see that hasn't happened :(

Caporegime

Followed a few months later that they were ahead of schedule. Followed in march with news that their financials will grown end of Q2 due GDRR5X.

We knew since the start of the year that their production was ahead of their original summer schedule yet people still blinded repeated old out-dated information.

Soldato
Followed a few months later that they were ahead of schedule. Followed in march with news that their financials will grown end of Q2 due GDRR5X.

We knew since the start of the year that their production was ahead of their original summer schedule yet people still blinded repeated old out-dated information.

No, you are putting things back to front and trying to make a point where there is none. The info about gddr5x hitting full production in the summer was never a rumour. And it was only recent that they released information about being ahead of schedule.

Confirmations about bringing production ahead and being ahead of schedule only appeared over the past few days, before then it was always summer. And Q2 growth points to the summer as well.

Associate
The trick is only reference cards will be available on launch day so $700 and don't forget to add at least 20% VAT, also ignoring the uk price gouge. £550 minimum me thinks. I wouldn't be surprised if OcUK offered preorders of custom versions like with the 980Ti and those prices always vary widely based on boost clock OC and brand.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom