• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Soldato
Hope this is true?

We know Pascal has a peak double precision performance rated at over 4 TFLOPs while the single precision compute performance is rated at over 10 TFLOPs. This will be by far the biggest leap in total available compute performance we have seen on any graphics card.

Caporegime
The graph appears pretty hilarious anyway as usual. K40 had 1.6TF DP, K80 was a dual core GK210, it was made only for compute and had 2.9TF DP. So they've just thrown in a dual gpu card as if it's nothing, dropped 1TF of performance of it and this opens up two problems. Is a single Pascal going to have 4TF even though they have a dual gpu card on there? Second, why are they trying to make Pascal look better by showing the K80 with 1/3rd less performance than it actually had?

Either way claiming they 'know' the next card has 4TF DP performance is simply BS, you can't get that from that chart. The only thing you can read from that is Nvidia believe they will have a product using Pascal out with that kind of performance, not that the single biggest Pascal will have that itself. As for 10Tflop, that sounds pretty low all told considering where Titan X is, that isn't even a 50% increase.

Associate
^ that! That excitement I have too when reading things like that, however, wccftech ugh, they're full of it. However their source seem okay, so please let it be true, preferably before come summer :)

Soldato
Samsung Electronics and SK Hynix's next-generation memory hegemonic competition is also a concern. Until last year, but Samsung is one step behind production by SK Hynix than the first generation of HBM world's first second-generation product, but rather a step ahead. SK Hynix has supplied 2013 to the end of the first-generation AMD HBM naenoteumyeo and bars. Technology, Micron's competitors also similar manner Hybrid Memory Cube (HMC) came to a small production reportedly falling productivity compared to HBM.

SK Hynix is ​​planning to mass production as early as August the HBM 2 generations. Detailed specifications are tentative, but Samsung has reportedly seen a performance similar to 8GB HBM2 going to produce in the first half. Especially since the second half of this year into the first half of the NVIDIA GPU architecture as Pascal went on to produce a full-fledged trial production, testing, and will finish the credibility Policy.

It could say anything in reality. Not sure why they would have any more insight into NV's operations than any random site.

Last edited:

tbh

tbh

Associate
"Flagship GPU's"

Hopefully that means the high end Ti will come sooner again rather than later :)
I can't help but think that Nvidia are looking at the Ti and thinking "We set the price too low, people would happily pay another $100 and it makes our Titan line look bad. We won't make that mistake again!".

Hopefully I'm wrong, I guess time will tell.

Associate
Would investing in an expensive 9xx-based gaming laptop now be a bit silly?

Or are the trickle-down effects from next gen on laptops still very far away?

Heck there are laptops that can utilise Desktop graphics as external GPUs. I'd go with one of them, since then at least one can upgrade the GPU and not have to pay a premium for overpriced laptop GPUs. I'm surprised at how much the price of a laptop increases once it's given a beefy dedicated mobile GPU. eGPUs are probably more price effective if I'm honest. Though as long as the eGPU hardware doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

The pascal very top end might be near 10x I would think? I'm just hoping GTX980 replacement GTX 1080 or what ever they call it? is at least 3x to 5x faster then Titan X? I don't know if it will, but we'll soon find out.

Heck, and I was being told off (on Re****) for being optimistic about 2x performance (e.g. Pascal x80ti = 980ti SLI).

I can't help but think that Nvidia are looking at the Ti and thinking "We set the price too low, people would happily pay another $100 and it makes our Titan line look bad. We won't make that mistake again!".

Hopefully I'm wrong, I guess time will tell.

+1

Nvidia would want to maximise profit. So they'd release Pascal Titan at least 6 months before Pascal x80ti and then price that in such a way that it doesn't cannibalise Pascal Titan sales. Smart move on their part, but bad for us the consumers.

Soldato
OP
Looking forward to lightweight Pascal / Polaris something frugal with energy that will run cool and quiet yet good for 1080P gaming for my kids PC.

Also want the GP200 full fat chip and move to 4K on my PC later this year, can't wait for the new tech. Been waiting almost 5 years for a die shrink, waiting these next few months is going to be painful, although the longer it takes the more I can save towards the upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom