• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Soldato
I'm really not bothered how long Pascal takes, if AMD arrive earlier with Polaris that offers an exceptional performance leap then most of us wouldn't have a problem switching, it would also help competition massively.

In fact I'd prefer it to pan out like the above, AMD simply can't afford a massive Pascal win for nVidia this time around.

Same here! I hope they get get big Polaris out timely, and have the driver support to back it up.

Caporegime
I'm really not bothered how long Pascal takes, if AMD arrive earlier with Polaris that offers an exceptional performance leap then most of us wouldn't have a problem switching, it would also help competition massively.

In fact I'd prefer it to pan out like the above, AMD simply can't afford a massive Pascal win for nVidia this time around.

Spot on. I don't feel any of us enthusiasts are tied to a single brand and happy to swap and change, albeit some would have us placed in camp "x" and no room for change.

Polaris/Pascal, whatever I can afford at the time and gives me a nice performance upgrade over my TX will get my money.

Soldato
Nobody is able to argue with Charlie on this one, just the same lame tired brushoff.

I doubt they've even read it. They're just hoping it will go away and they can go back to... well, hoping.

Caporegime
There is absolutely zero chance of this. They may still not even have ANY (let alone big chip) working silicon for Pascal chips. They certainly didn't at or immediately prior to CES.

Being optimistic, early Q4 for small chips, and maybe just maybe first delivery of the big Tesla chips to their supercomputer partners. Being realistic, mid Q4 for small and mid range chips and automotive, Q1 '17 big Tesla NVLink chips, mid Q2 '17 Titan & x80Ti chips. Pessimistic - their Titan and x80Ti chips release about the same time as AMD debut their replacement for Polaris around E3 '17 or are canned entirely and respun versions of the designs finally launch in autumn / winter of '17.

Except Nvidia have confirmed testing of Pascal chips, they just didn't show any to the public at CES.

bru

bru

Soldato
It just makes me laugh that Charlie can post up his article with half of it stating that everybody else is all using the same info and the rumour has spread from one source and this is why everywhere is saying X will happen and then he uses the same info and says, they are all wrong Y will happen.
He is guessing just the same as anyone else, none of us or them knows what is going to happen, but of course that hasn't stopped certain people, stating that he is correct he has only posted facts and all the others are dreamers and hopping for a miracle.

Don't you people get it, we do not know what is going to happen.

For all we know Jen-Hsun could hold up a another mock up (which to be honest as we all know and even DM was saying that it is standard practice to do so at these types of trades shows) telling us that here is the new Pascal Titan and it will be available in two months/weeks/days time. They might even go full milk mode and name the full fat GP104 as a 16GB Titan and give us a slightly cut down 8Gb GP104 as the 1080, saving the big GP100 chip for next year.

But of course this is all a dream and NVidia cannot be about to release a new card (not that they have ever done that at this time of year before :rolleyes:) because they are evil and must be stoped from taking over the world.......Evil laugh........

Caporegime
Once again making up rubbish, no I didn't say it was standard practice at these types of trade shows. I said it was standard practice to hold a mock up AND SAY IT'S A MOCK UP. It's illegal to hold up a mock up and claim it to be real infront of a room full of shareholders/financial people at a trade show event in the way Nvidia did. It is not at all standard, Nvidia are about the only company I've ever seen doing so.

I like how you flat out lied and just added in that even I said this was okay, utter nonsense.

Also calling out the information in that article. The information, the shipping manifest, is factually correct. ALso yes, every other article talking about a April release specifically attributes that shipping list directly or via a link to a 'source' which uses it themselves, as confirmation of shipping Pascal GPUs.

Charlie's article IS factually correct no matter how many times you make the same post insisting it isn't.

for instance

http://www.fudzilla.com/news/graphics/39834-nvidia-pascal-rumoured-for-april

These rumors about the GPUs with the Pascal architecture are currently based on shipping manifests that have spotted on the Zauba database in India which deals with products that are imported or exported from the country.

This shipping manifest categorically do NOT show Pascal gpus being shipped, but categorically DO show test equipment for chips being shipped. One without question comes before the other. The websites claiming this list proves Pascal are shipping, which as shown in said article is the entire basis for the April rumour, are 100% incorrect.

Caporegime
Once again making up rubbish....

Give it a rest geeeez. Why do you get so vitriolic when someone has a difference of opinion to you? You DO NOT have any facts about what is what the same as none of us do, so whilst you may well be correct, you may also be very very wrong. You are guessing the same as we all are guessing. I am sure nVidia engineers know exactly what is what with Pascal and if they ever read some of what we type, they would be laughing so hard but that doesn't stop us speculating (the same as you are welcome to) but quit it with the "I know everything and you don't" attitude please. It isn't good for the forums.

Caporegime
Give it a rest geeeez. Why do you get so vitriolic when someone has a difference of opinion to you? You DO NOT have any facts about what is what the same as none of us do, so whilst you may well be correct, you may also be very very wrong. You are guessing the same as we all are guessing. I am sure nVidia engineers know exactly what is what with Pascal and if they ever read some of what we type, they would be laughing so hard but that doesn't stop us speculating (the same as you are welcome to) but quit it with the "I know everything and you don't" attitude please. It isn't good for the forums.

Try to read, he literally claimed something I said almost the entire opposite of. He was misrepresenting what I said and he was wrong.

Also no, you and D.P can keep saying whatever you want but there are facts here. That shipping order categorically did not say what all the tech sites reported it did. This is plainly visible for people who can read. Claiming that the shipping report isn't fact is daft, claiming that the tech sites didn't run away with a story because they didn't understand that shipping manifest is silly.

Pascal might come out in April, but that doesn't make the current rumours based off specific and completely incorrect information incorrect and no matter how much you might not like a story, it is still fact.

That shipping manifest contains no information at all about Pascal gpus shipping, that isn't arguable, that is a fact. A bunch of tech sites saw bga, a size and Nvidia and went 1 + 1 = 42, they are in fact wrong. Charlie's story explained what the parts of the manifest are, it's testing equipment, this is a fact. Making up a story about a part being available at any time, by misreading data, is factually incorrect.

I also specifically said some of his story is fact... that the shipping manifest does NOT show Pascal GPUs shipping, and that some is speculation, that Nvidia have had no silicon back. I also speculated that if they had any silicon back at all they wouldn't need to lie and say they were showing Pascal but use Maxwell chips to do so.

You can't, because you want to and for no other reason, claim something isn't a fact. If you can honestly read that shipping manifest and come to the conclusion it proves nvidia has shipped Pascal chips, well, that is a pretty big problem.

Guess what, a story made off incorrect information IS untrue, it doesn't mean Pascal can't ship in April. I've said I don't believe Pascal will ship in April, I haven't claimed that as a fact anywhere. I've simply said the stories based off BS information and parroted around multiple awful 'news' sites is factually incorrect.... because it plainly is.

Then we get to the whole, lets throw around the word vitriol like it's nothing. First explain what part of my post was vitriolic(bitter criticism or malice btw, D.P lied, I pointed out he lied, end of), then explain why it's okay for D.P to clearly lie about what I've apparently said to agree with him, then explain why it's okay for you to make such a post against me without remotely understanding what I was saying.

Last edited:
Soldato

OMG This^ Thank you greg for writing what were all thinking:)

bru

bru

Soldato
Once again making up rubbish, no I didn't say it was standard practice at these types of trade shows. I said it was standard practice to hold a mock up AND SAY IT'S A MOCK UP. It's illegal to hold up a mock up and claim it to be real infront of a room full of shareholders/financial people at a trade show event in the way Nvidia did. It is not at all standard, Nvidia are about the only company I've ever seen doing so.

I like how you flat out lied and just added in that even I said this was okay, utter nonsense.

Try to read, he literally claimed something I said almost the entire opposite of. He was misrepresenting what I said and he was wrong.

Quotes from much earlier in this very thread. (page 31)

Nvidia said a card was a 480gtx, it was fake, with wood screws holding it together. What the final product is and what the dev kit or show piece is aren't the same thing.
Nvidia lying about what they are showing on stage would be nothing new, using existing parts as a dev kit for something not yet available is pretty standard also. Sometimes you show a working pre production model, sometimes you show a dev kit set to emulate the final product.

Can you not read or something? Is it not a fact that Nvidia have repeatedly lied about their products on stage, yes. So it could be that, it could also be a dev kit emulating the final product which you may or may not notice but I said is entirely standard. The difference comes in what you claim you're holding when you show it around. If you're honest, it's fine because that is how the industry works, you can't prepare for new products if people can't have any idea what it will do.

Most console dev kits don't have final hardware, they are usually PC's with appropriate toolkits and hardware to emulate the rough performance you will expect on the console.

I'm saying everything Nvidia are doing is bad by saying it's standard and fine, and mentioning the other possibility make the post Nvidia bashing?

So you do admit then that it is standard practice to show mock ups then.

Before you go accusing me of flat out lying again, would you be so kind to point out just where I said he was telling the truth, I just said he could hold up another mock up and tell us here is the new Pascal. How true that statement would be is irrelevant to what I posted.

Let the deflection begin.

Soldato
OP
I am still hopeful for April, not that I will be buying but GTC 2016 would be a good time for a release or at least some news.

Indeed, April / May is when Nvidia introduce the real flagship the past few years, so expect Titan Pascal news at GTC, maybe even launched at the event.

We will see soon enough.

Caporegime

This x1000

Caporegime
Quotes from much earlier in this very thread. (page 31)

So you do admit then that it is standard practice to show mock ups then.

Before you go accusing me of flat out lying again, would you be so kind to point out just where I said he was telling the truth, I just said he could hold up another mock up and tell us here is the new Pascal. How true that statement would be is irrelevant to what I posted.

Let the deflection begin.

Deflection, really, you literally posted why you're wrong in the final quote you made where I literally say if they didn't lie about what it was, it's fine. They did lie, therefore NOT fine.

It would really help if when you quote me, you don't quote the part where I highlighted that it is ONLY fine to show a mock up if they say it is one.

it could also be a dev kit emulating the final product which you may or may not notice but I said is entirely standard.

The difference comes in what you claim you're holding when you show it around.

If you're honest, it's fine because that is how the industry works,

It's really very simple logic, if... then. If they were honest, they weren't... therefore it's not fine.

PS I accused you of lying about what 'I SAID' which you know because you felt the need to prove you weren't lying about what I said, hence you quoting my posts, which inadvertently proved you were misquoting me. This other lie I apparently have to show you where you said something... is something I never claimed, but don't worry about that. You can ignore where I proved you wrong and focus on that in your response.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I don't care too much for what D.P writes either in truth but don't let that stop you!

That has what to do with what? He lied about something I said, I pointed it out, you don't care what he has to say but after I responded to him you attacked my post with zero merit both accusing me of vitriol, which ironically is an apt description of your post, and being wrong about claims I didn't make. I didn't claim to know when anything is due or what was happening. I said one thing that actually is a fact, is a fact :o

Then when pointed out you were in the wrong you post this, which makes no sense because as above you were having a go at me for defending myself about him lying.

As usually, the bat signal goes out, the attacking of posts comes out, the proving you're wrong and picking your post apart happens then the usual suspects come in to agree with each other repeatedly in the vein attempt to believe they are correct.

Last edited:
Caporegime
As usually, the bat signal goes out, the attacking of posts comes out, the proving your wrong and picking your post apart comes out then the usual suspects come in to agree with each other repeatedly in the vein attempt to believe they are correct.

I will bite!!!

All through this thread you have made it a personal mission to rip into anybody who has made a speculation that doesn't agree with your thoughts. That is why I accused you of vitriol posting and my point is (which you keep missing) "None of us actually know anything of what or when Pascal will arrive, will it be big or small first, will it be on HBM from the off, will it be on GDDR5/X, will it be in April, will it be in Q4 etc etc and are just guessing". Like I said, you are welcome to speculate but let others do the same!

Edit:

My last word on that to you. I said my piece and hopefully the thread will get back on topic and people can guess and speculate and join in the fun.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I will bite!!!

All through this thread you have made it a personal mission to rip into anybody who has made a speculation that doesn't agree with your thoughts. That is why I accused you of vitriol posting and my point is (which you keep missing) "None of us actually know anything of what or when Pascal will arrive, will it be big or small first, will it be on HBM from the off, will it be on GDDR5/X, will it be in April, will it be in Q4 etc etc and are just guessing". Like I said, you are welcome to speculate but let others do the same!

Once again you're in the wrong. I haven't ripped into ANYONE claiming when they think something will come.

Focus here because maybe you can stop the nonsense.

THe story that it will come in April BASED OFF INCORRECTLY READING the ship manifest IS FALSE.

If Pascal comes out in April, that story will still be false. You can believe it is coming out in April due to another source, you can believe it because the planets are aligned in a certain way, or because jesus appeared on your toast this morning and spoke to you. But that story is factually wrong, it's that simple. THat is the ONLY thing I've told people is wrong, and by people I mean D.P., who insisted that CHarlie was wrong and there were no facts.

There are facts, that shipping manifest does categorically not show Pascal gpus shipping, a story based off that information will always be incorrect. They could have shipped 12 billion Pascal GPUs 6 months earlier... that doesn't make those test parts which are the ONLY source for these April rumours entirely incorrect.

That has no bearing on anything at all to do with Pascal, that story is incorrect, nothing more or nothing less. YOu have repeatedly posted attacking me for 'attacking what other people believe' when I have done no such thing. I'm stating that a single story is incorrect because it is god damned well incorrect.

Back
Top Bottom