• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

bru

bru

Soldato
So is it standard practice to hold up mocks up or not, regardless of whether you then go on to lie about what it is your holding up ?

Because that is all I posted, you can accuse me of lying all you want, but I did not say you agreed with what he said I just said you agreed that holding up a mock up is standard practice.

Last edited:
Caporegime
So is it standard practice to hold up mocks up or not, regardless of whether you then go on to lie about what it is your holding up ?

Because that is all I posted, you can accuse me of lying all you want, but I did not say you agreed with what he said I just said you agreed that holding up a mock up is standard practice.

No, it is NOT standard practice to hold up a mock up WHILE LYING ABOUT WHAT IT IS. The industry does not do this, it is actually illegal. I did not agree doing this was standard anywhere or anyhow. I stated a specific IF... THEN scenario, it is ONLY okay if you aren't lying about what it is.

In the industry mockups/devkits when the people showing them state it is a mock up is standard. Nvidia DID NOT HOLD A MOCK UP, they held up a fake device they claimed was a real.

Man of Honour
No, it is NOT standard practice to hold up a mock up WHILE LYING ABOUT WHAT IT IS. The industry does not do this, it is actually illegal. I did not agree doing this was standard anywhere or anyhow. I stated a specific IF... THEN scenario, it is ONLY okay if you aren't lying about what it is.

In the industry mockups/devkits when the people showing them state it is a mock up is standard. Nvidia DID NOT HOLD A MOCK UP, they held up a fake device they claimed was a real.

You need to give this a rest.

You have made your point now move on.

If everyone carried on like you they would be talking about all sorts of things like describing a card as "An overclockers dream".:eek:

Soldato
Can I dare try take this thread back to something useful with some genuine questions? (I purposefully haven't looked in here , at all, mainly due to getting a 980ti very recently and trying to enjoy that before developing **** envy over the next big thing. )

The big thing with my new build, apart from raw power and good looks, has been lower temps and as silent a system as humanly possible. With the new pascal architecture, which is 16nm I believe, is there any decent info out there/ or good maths based estimates, of how much more power efficient 16nm is compared to current maxwell, and therefore how much cooler and therefore potentially much quieter the topper end new cards will be?

Caporegime
Can I dare try take this thread back to something useful with some genuine questions? (I purposefully haven't looked in here , at all, mainly due to getting a 980ti very recently and trying to enjoy that before developing **** envy over the next big thing. )

The big thing with my new build, apart from raw power and good looks, has been lower temps and as silent a system as humanly possible. With the new pascal architecture, which is 16nm I believe, is there any decent info out there/ or good maths based estimates, of how much more power efficient 16nm is compared to current maxwell, and therefore how much cooler and therefore potentially much quieter the topper end new cards will be?

In general new process = half the power per transistor but twice the transistor density. Meaning give or take, same power/area. Meaning a 250W card would say be 600mm^2 at 28nm and still 600mm^2 at 16nm. The latter would have twice the performance but no fundamental reason it should run any cooler. Quieter is a function of cooling area and airflow. You can have a loud cooler on a 50W card and a silent cooler on a 500W card.

Basically there shouldn't be any difference unless you move from a 250W 28nm card and buy a 125-150W card with similar cooling and not really look for extra performance.

Soldato
So much hate in here from the usual suspects. I have looked over the Zauba shipping manifesto and nowhere does it state the shipment is from or to Nvidia. This rumour is just being circle jerked around tech sites who didn't check the original source themselves.

Semiaccurate article was well thought through and looked at the original source for what it is, nothing. There is nothing in the original source that relates the products to Nvidia. The only thing people are jumping on is the size of the BGA, to which massive assumptions are being made.

Yet the usual peanut brigade throw their toys and scream like children when it is pointed out.

Associate
I'm hoping to hear at least some sort of announcement with pascal in April whether it'll be available to purchase then who knows. I'm happy with my 980 Ti classified but for 4k you can never have too much gpu power... in fact you can never have too much gpu power at all :p also I want to make sure I can max out the upcoming DOOM at 4k and solid 60fps+ if that means blowing money on the highest end pascal gpu then so be it -_-

Associate
Without reading the last 50 pages or so of the pascal and polaris threads is there a consensus on when these chips are gonna launch (at least the full fat versions)?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom