*** The Official OcUK Beers Of The World Competition - Last Orders ***

Commissario
I'd like to publicly apologise for pushing hard in the round H thread. One thing I missed in the rules was number "7) It would be greatly appreciated if all images are within forum rules, max width 1280 pixels. or smaller". With hindsight, I was stupid to have submitted the beer I did and even dumber to have pushed. I was enjoying the (heated) discussion and thought DJ was as well but I mis-read the situation.

Associate
Unfortunately due to people unable to accept judges decision is final. There was quite a to do!
Anyway the whole competition is suspended a week and DJ has appears to have ceased running of the competition. I have offered to take over but in la cuisine.
I am awaiting an answer.

Where did he say he has ceased running of the competition? :confused:

It's postponed a week and the rules have been updated.

Associate

Oh, poor DJ.

I'm out too if he is. Can see a new judge (with different ideas to DJ) messing the whole thing up completely. I liked DJs decisions.

What the? Take them out of the fridge and let them warm up to just below room temperature before you even consider drinking them!

Completely depends on the type of IPA. Cask conditioned 'real ale' IPA (the bad ones) should be lightly chilled.

All others chilled.

Last edited:
Soldato
Unfortunately due to people unable to accept judges decision is final. There was quite a to do!
Anyway the whole competition is suspended a week and DJ has appears to have ceased running of the competition. I have offered to take over but in la cuisine.
I am awaiting an answer.

Ideally I'd like DJ to continue - I've tried my best to support him running the competition. If not then I'd be happy to see you take over, in this forum or La cuisine.

Soldato
I am awaiting an answer.

Understandable. Shame though as I was enjoying it.

Happy to continue in whatever incarnation it takes.
I would also volunteer my services for running it as I have a lot of time on my hands at the moment and would withdraw from the competition. I would add in a friendly warning though to give people a chance to make a valid submission (you get an email that your entry is invalid but no reason why, this would be sent upto 24 hours before the deadline to give you time to re submit.)

Hopefully DJ will continue.

Associate
I hope DJ comes back......this was meant to be just a bit of fun and the person putting the effort in should be able to make decisions that are final and people just move on....all seems a bit bitter to continue with someone else as judge....

Permabanned
I nominate the_r_sole to take over. He seemed to require absolute clarity with regard to every decision so rather than making it hard work for someone else, he'd be best placed to be the decision maker.

Soldato
Talk about an over reaction, my biggest mistake was assuming we were all grown ups on here!

An explanation of why a decision was changed which appeared against the rules of the competition was all that was asked, never said I didn't agree with it, just wanted to know why the rules were different.

No need for toys to be thrown out the pram, seems the poll results also reflected people not understanding the decision - if the judges decision was final that's no problem, I didn't realise asking for clarification in a thread set up asking for comment on the 0 pointers would cause hassle, obviously I've misunderstood that asking for comment doesn't actually mean that we should comment...

Permabanned
Talk about an over reaction, my biggest mistake was assuming we were all grown ups on here!

Didn't think you'd be able to resist a final dig although I'm sure you'll reply promptly acting like you meant nothing of the sort. If something becomes a chore and loses its fun then it makes sense to stop doing it. Seems pretty grown up to me.

Soldato
I'd like to publicly apologise for pushing hard in the round H thread. One thing I missed in the rules was number "7) It would be greatly appreciated if all images are within forum rules, max width 1280 pixels. or smaller". With hindsight, I was stupid to have submitted the beer I did and even dumber to have pushed. I was enjoying the (heated) discussion and thought DJ was as well but I mis-read the situation.

I think there were a few dons who did seem to get a little excited so may have encouraged others to join in thus it descending into an angry mob.

I also think the (heated) discussion was at times could be taken as someone being got at. :)

Soldato
Understandable. Shame though as I was enjoying it.

Happy to continue in whatever incarnation it takes.
I would also volunteer my services for running it as I have a lot of time on my hands at the moment and would withdraw from the competition. I would add in a friendly warning though to give people a chance to make a valid submission (you get an email that your entry is invalid but no reason why, this would be sent upto 24 hours before the deadline to give you time to re submit.)

Hopefully DJ will continue.

I dissagree with this, it means the judge cant participate. Also I dont think entrants should get that oppertunity. The rules are made and this thread is made for questions.
Judges rule is final is a must though.

Soldato
Didn't think you'd be able to resist a final dig although I'm sure you'll reply promptly acting like you meant nothing of the sort. If something becomes a chore and loses its fun then it makes sense to stop doing it. Seems pretty grown up to me.

Wind your neck in!
Discussion about the scoring/rules in a thread set up for that discussion shouldn't really end up in a huff!
If the rules are open enough to allow one beer and discount another on the same reasoning I would like to think that could be explained to help everyone in the competition pick future entries.

If someone else wants to take over the running of the competition I am happy to remove myself from it, obviously asking for explanations of rules when you are new to a competition and unsure is frowned upon - I'll leave it up to the pros who know the unwritten rules

Caporegime
OP
R_sole, you flatter yourself a little too much.

Anyone that doesn't want to be in the completion, all you have to do is... don't send your beer entry. For those that still do, get your IPA entered (if not already) by Saturday the 20th.

For clarity, judges decision is final. Any rules that are not listed on page one of this thread will be made up by myself as we continue with the competition.

Round H will have its points updated soon, as for the nil pointers.

All zero with Sonea_Fifer being the only exception, 5pts.

Any complaints about the above, tough ****!

Back
Top Bottom