*** The Official OcUK Beers Of The World Competition ***

Soldato
Well I'm guessing that will be them all in now, so far we have two people with same beer.... I'm one of them aaarrggghhhhh!

Which surprised me - I would have thought it would have been three points all round this week. Just goes to show I suppose. I'm not overly confident my Thailand entry will net me the full points but time will tell :p

Caporegime
OK.... 'V' will be Value.

Value - Any 'OWN' branded beer from any supermarket / store. Their name MUST be clearly shown on the front of can or label, and not hidden at back.

I am tempted to rule M&S out of this round as technically speaking almost everything they sell is own branded. Feel free to voice your opinions on this.

:)

Caporegime
Flippin Thailand, fed up now just going to submit the 'something'
Not really blowing the lid it's 1 of the 2 only Thai beers readily available

:rolleyes::cool::p:o:D:confused::):(:eek::mad:

Sorry felt like some Christmas smileys

Um.... and the fact that there is only a possible two means one will be most popular with 1 point and other 2 points. I don't think naming an entry before hand is a very good idea.

Caporegime
that makes the field open up then as most stores have there own ales and lagers brewed by someone else. makes it a better value round and most should get 3 pts.

Do you want to go with ...the 'cheap' option ie. Clearly owned branded bargin basement stuff? If so shout out now people, after all it's your competiton :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Nah, bargain basement stuff tends to be undrinkable. I bought some ASDA Smartprice ale for cooking and it was not even good enough for that so I binned it. By all means, of someone want to go basic then fair enough, but I think all clearly marked own label stuff should count, even brewed for XX etc. As long as it is clear.

Back
Top Bottom