*** The Official OcUK Beers Of The World Competition ***

Caporegime
Oi if there's some bad luck there are 6 possible winners :p

Very true indeed.... you see this is when the dreaded 3rd most popular choice comes into play and with it... zero points albeit it takes more playing or a harder round. Only 2 points between first and second involving 6 people, couldn't be much tighter. :)

Soldato
I think that we should devise some way of finding out 1 winner in the event of a tie. Maybe a drink off. 4 beers beginning with 'A' with a maximum price, same points system applies, whoever comes out on top wins?

As for the next competition I vote for alcohol % so week one will be 1 - 1.9%, week two will be 2 - 2.9% and so on.

Soldato
In the event of a competition tie I'd vote for another *bonus round* where by only the participants that are tied are allowed to compete. The choice could be any one of the previous entries so far which "should" allow a large enough range to choose from with the eventual outcome being one clear winner?

I'd also be quite happy to compete in another beers of the world competition should we decide to proceed with this again? This time I'd be in at the start though. Given I joined this at roughly the half way stage and I'm pretty much half way up the points board I'm quite happy. Also, on the plus side I've had the chance to sample many new beers I wouldn't normally have tried. :cool:

Soldato
In the event of a competition tie I'd vote for another *bonus round* where by only the participants that are tied are allowed to compete. The choice could be any one of the previous entries so far which "should" allow a large enough range to choose from with the eventual outcome being one clear winner?

I'd also be quite happy to compete in another beers of the world competition should we decide to proceed with this again? This time I'd be in at the start though. Given I joined this at roughly the half way stage and I'm pretty much half way up the points board I'm quite happy. Also, on the plus side I've had the chance to sample many new beers I wouldn't normally have tried. :cool:

i agree to all that. another beer of the world or beers from UK. either suits me. had some great beers overall from abroad but i also think we should vote on the countries at the start to enable those that want to order from an online retailer if there choices locally are pants, to order all in one go.

Soldato
drink off - how about selecting a region of uk or country with a lowish amount of beers available at a supermarket/corner shop only, the one that doesn't get the same as the others win's. i'm not talking about thailand though. a country or place in uk with about 4 beers.

Caporegime
drink off - how about selecting a region of uk or country with a lowish amount of beers available at a supermarket/corner shop only, the one that doesn't get the same as the others win's. i'm not talking about thailand though. a country or place in uk with about 4 beers.

Not sure matey... still struggling with ideas though

Back
Top Bottom