*** The Official OcUK Beers Of The World Competition ***

Caporegime
Hi folks, sorry about the delay but I'm only in through the door this minute! One of the joys of working in East Belfast at the moment.. I'll start compiling everything now and post the results soon :)

Caporegime
Tut maccapacca tut!

My honest take on this...

macca entered the beer at the end of September! I reckon he was mixing it up by sailing as close to the wind of rules as possible, unaware that come January he would be leading. I'm not sure if he's slightly mad or just played a genius move. Took me a minute to realise what he had done and honestly it did give me a laugh and still does :) Part of me wants to give him the points for this, but at same time eveyone else entered a number...

Caporegime
DJ I should be the only 3 pointer as I have the only number "in" the name everyone else has a number "as" or "part" of its name

You've seen my response above mate, as for what happens will depend upon the voting. It's easy for me to know what was meant by the ruling as I typed it, but at the same time everyone else took it the same way. Be honest were you mixing it up a little or was it another 'America' where once again everyone else managed to enter an 'American' beer as in USA and you just took it as being correct rather than an opportunity? I do recollect a certain request a while back about things getting serious and could you re-enter your last beers, was it joke or was it a joke gone wrong?

Soldato
My honest take on this...

macca entered the beer at the end of September! I reckon he was mixing it up by sailing as close to the wind of rules as possible, unaware that come January he would be leading. I'm not sure if he's slightly mad or just played a genius move. Took me a minute to realise what he had done and honestly it did give me a laugh and still does :) Part of me wants to give him the points for this, but at same time eveyone else entered a number...

To come clean, I completely see how maccapacca has entered his beer (especially at the time) to get a "controversial" entry in.

But I feel the spirit of the competition and round has been questioned with his entry (especially as mine is tres monts which complies completely with maccapaccas justification below when his is an english spelling technicality for the number). It really should be dismissed because cheap number beers didn't get entered, krony 1664 being the obvious one (plus I am gutted about the 5am saint not being a clear entry for me as its amazing...). Anyway maccapacca I feel is pushing the rules because they weren't stupidly explicit opposed to making a genuine mistake...

DJ I should be the only 3 pointer as I have the only number "in" the name everyone else has a number "as" or "part" of its name

Oi! Mine is Tres Monts read in French therefore is 3 points too :p

No playing "mine is the only 3 pointer card" for you!

Back
Top Bottom