*** The Official OcUK Beers Of The World Competition ***

Caporegime
Cheers fellas, I saved a screengrab of the first page so I haven't been back to it since. I'll remember to check back if I have any questions. :)
It's always worth rechecking it matey as it does get updated :)

Me too - perhaps he should auction off his old avatar :p
You can't sell / auction something you never own, we are all apart of it and shall always remain so mate :)

Soldato
I got frightened by that avatar. :D

Just wanted clarification on whether it was 'Oak Aged' on the label or that and 'cask' and what was allowed for 'cask' as it can be interpreted in different ways.

I'm happy with keeping it 'Oak Aged' or 'Aged in casks' on the label if that is the general concensus.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think so as otherwise it could be a little too close to the Draught round :)

On a side note it was my birthday yesterday and after recently complaining i was fed up drinking nice beers which come in 330ml bottles out of pint glasses i got this :D

http://www.whiskhampers.co.uk/images/dartington-three-cheers-for-beers-glasses-set-s.jpg

** No Hotlinking - Rules on posting images ***

Also you can tell the wife understands me well because i got taken to a couple of independant wine shops in Clitheroe and told to get whatever i wanted. Ended up with a bottle of Whisky, 12 bottles of red wine, some English sparkling wine and about 10 intriguing looking beers :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
I got frightened by that avatar. :D

Just wanted clarification on whether it was 'Oak Aged' on the label or that and 'cask' and what was allowed for 'cask' as it can be interpreted in different ways.

I'm happy with keeping it 'Oak Aged' or 'Aged in casks' on the label if that is the general concensus.

See once again we're all going what should they be, whenever this should be all done and dusted within the two week gap we had at the start of the competition....

I'm happy to go with Oak aged or Cask aged on the label....

Everyone has a say and so far that's 2 for the above.

Belated Happy Birthday Marvt74 :)

Soldato
:)

Would the consensus be for 'Oak Aged' beer? As in saying it on the label, or 'Cask' beer? Oh or even 'Bottled Conditioned'? Or how about all three?

I had assumed that the beer would have to be aged for some time in oak. Oak casks are almost never used nowadays in pubs. The beer will be aged for some time in oak at the brewery and then transferred to a metal cask. Though, that's not to say all cask beers have seen oak - most haven't.

If it was any cask beer, then surely that should have be done for C? *Shrugs*. I was planning on entering a beer that has been bottled after being aged in an oak cask for some time.

Caporegime
Hi i sent two pics as first on you could not see the % very well as off colours on label ! hope thats k.

Yes mate that's fine :)

I had assumed that the beer would have to be aged for some time in oak. Oak casks are almost never used nowadays in pubs. The beer will be aged for some time in oak at the brewery and then transferred to a metal cask. Though, that's not to say all cask beers have seen oak - most haven't.

If it was any cask beer, then surely that should have be done for C? *Shrugs*. I was planning on entering a beer that has been bottled after being aged in an oak cask for some time.

We are presently voting on what's to be allowed.... and so far everyone appears to be in favour of allowing what you wish to enter. If it has 'Oak aged' or 'cask' on the label it's fine mate.

Soldato
Yes mate that's fine :)

We are presently voting on what's to be allowed.... and so far everyone appears to be in favour of allowing what you wish to enter. If it has 'Oak aged' or 'cask' on the label it's fine mate.

;)

You guys are lucky I only get one day off a week! Imagine how much more moaning there'd be if I had multiple days off! :p

Back
Top Bottom