*** The Official OcUK Beers Of The World Competition ***

Caporegime
can i clarify. would a beer that says :

name
pale, big, bold hoppy goodness

that would be the scoring there for example.

All 5 words as I see it there. BUT I reserve judgement without seeing the bottle/can.

What's the rules on submitting a revised entry (different beer)?

Rule number...

5) The picture will be sent via the competition email address. The first email sent each week will be the one entered into the competition ie. NO changing your mind!

EDIT:

Just to clarify, yes within this competition some people have been allowed to change theirs. BUT that was well in advance of the round in question
and they possibly had misunderstood their selection ie. entered an incorrect beer choice.

Last edited:
Soldato
So are you off to the local shops with a Scrabble rulebook and calculator in hand?

Shame McGuires I'll Have What the Gentleman on the Floor is Having Barley Wine isn't a UK beer. It's got a heeeuuuge Scrabble score name. Not sure I'd want to drink it though.

edit... This is UK though.
http://www.bartramsbrewery.co.uk/comrade-bill.html
I'll be hugely impressed if anyone found a bottle :p

I had been searching for that but no joy. No response from the brewery email either :(

I can't find anything over 5 points, I'll be interested to see what all you lot have found :)

Caporegime
My reign at the bottom is about to begin ;)

kf
Welcome along matey :)

Could you send an email to the competition address, just to confirm who you are and to allow me to set you up a little folder for your entries :)

It was all in the name.

I had a 9 pointer but couldn't be confident as if some bits didn't count then it was only a 3 pointer!

Folks don't forget, the beer type as already mentioned within this thread is allowed but it's also the cut off point for the scoring.

ie.

What was allowed the last time, beer name only no beer type nor brewery name unless it formed part of the actual beer name itself ie. Budweiser. Keep in mind that was then and this is now...

Beer name and type ie Stout, lager, ale etc. If it is very descriptive the beer type will be the cutoff point for scoring. This make sense, and everyone happy?

Example: 'Brown's heavy dark ale with creamy undertones.'

It would be scored on 'Brown's heavy dark ale'

Everyone happy.... shout out now and agree before Saturday!

Back
Top Bottom