*** The Official OcUK Beers Of The World Competition ***

Caporegime
What was allowed the last time, beer name only no beer type nor brewery name unless it formed part of the actual beer name itself ie. Budweiser. Keep in mind that was then and this is now...

Beer name and type ie Stout, lager, ale etc. If it is very descriptive the beer type will be the cutoff point for scoring. This make sense, and everyone happy?

Example: 'Brown's heavy dark ale with creamy undertones.'

It would be scored on 'Brown's heavy dark ale'

Everyone happy.... shout out now and agree before Saturday!

Soldato
Ok, i think i'll go with my safer option. I'm more confident of that.

The other one is made with multiple different hops and so the label reads along the lines of

Brewery Name

Special Blend Beer
Hop Name one
Hop Name Two
Hop Name Three

Was hoping the hop names would be included but i can't be confident so i'll go for my (hopefully) safer option :)

Caporegime
What was allowed the last time, beer name only no beer type nor brewery name unless it formed part of the actual beer name itself ie. Budweiser. Keep in mind that was then and this is now...

Beer name and type ie Stout, lager, ale etc. If it is very descriptive the beer type will be the cutoff point for scoring. This make sense, and everyone happy?

Ok, i think i'll go with my safer option. I'm more confident of that.

The other one is made with multiple different hops and so the label reads along the lines of

Brewery Name

Special Blend Beer
Hop Name one
Hop Name Two
Hop Name Three

Was hoping the hop names would be included but i can't be confident so i'll go for my (hopefully) safer option :)

Sounds a safer bet tbh mate :) Though wait to see what others say, once it's entered that's it.

Caporegime
Not yet, bought it at lunch and i don't think it'd go down well whilst sat at my desk! The bottle doesn't even seem to state the Alcohol %.

Unsurprisingly its from America!

Actually that's more common than you would think. I've some Stout sat here for America and there is no rating on it either :)

Oh and your beer is 6.5%, not bad mate!

Associate

That's made my mind up, the safer more popular one it is then.

Caporegime
I've just sent my picture and then realised that the picture isn't great. You can see my username and the top of BOTW but its not the clearest.

Will that be ok or should i take another and send it?

I've not entered mine yet mate, so can't check it. Feel free to retake another.

If you're really worried.

Soldato
Ok, I might try the round that starts tomorrow(?)

Now, I have two very simple questions:

Where on the list (presumably this one) are we going to be tomorrow, and what's the email that I have to send my picture too/from (that bit got a bit confusing in the guidelines)?

Also, are their any other restrictions other than, 'beer in bottle pictured in front of OcUK logo, that meets the guidelines put forth'

kd

Soldato
Ok, I might try the round that starts tomorrow(?)

Now, I have two very simple questions:

Where on the list (presumably this one) are we going to be tomorrow, and what's the email that I have to send my picture too/from (that bit got a bit confusing in the guidelines)?

Also, are their any other restrictions other than, 'beer in bottle pictured in front of OcUK logo, that meets the guidelines put forth'

kd

On the list we're currently at number 21 (U - U.K. (any UK beer but Scrabble points round))

Email address: [email protected]

Restrictions:

1) You must be aged 18+ to take part in this competition as it requires purchasing alcohol.

2) Each week (Sunday - Saturday) you take a picture of your beer of choice for that weeks chosen subject. The picture must include OcUK BOTW mk.2 ie. this forum backgound including picture above or written on something beside the beer. ANY pics entered without it will NOT count.

3) ONLY one picture containing ONE beer or cider depending on which round (in bottle or can form) may be entered per week. Homebrew is NOT allowed BUT Tap / Draught beer is allowed ONLY while including a picture of the beer taps!

4) You may send your picture into the competition email address from the Sunday night right up until the Saturday but the email MUST be in the inbox by 8.00pm of each Saturday night (anything after this time will NOT count).

5) The picture will be sent via the competition email address. The first email sent each week will be the one entered into the competition ie. NO changing your mind!

6) Multiple emails from a single person will NOT be accepted UNLESS prior notice has been given for say, going on holiday. If doing so you MUST send them marked for each week, remember I'm also playing and don't want any spoilers!

7) Any Voting shall be from the Saturday / Sunday and must be completed by Wednesday. Any tie will be decided by the joint choices being drawn from a hat.

8) Important! - POINTS will be awarded simply as ONE point for every valid entry then... One point if you select the most popular choice between everybody, TWO points if you select the second most popular choice and lastly THREE points if you pick that elusive one that nobody else has. Size of bottle or can will make no difference BUT say a 'Light / Lite' version will.

9) The Winner will be the person with the highest score whenever we finish Z. Oh and remember this is all about having some fun and enjoying different types of beer and cider. Cheers

Good luck with your entry KD :)

Soldato
Email is useful, just to ask however, the U-UK is that as of Monday(ish) or as of the competition that's going to end in the next day or two?

kd

The U-UK round will end tomorrow so if you wish to enter this particular round you'll need to get your skates on and post off an entry which must be received by 20:00 tomorrow evening. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
The U-UK round will end tomorrow so if you wish to enter this particular round you'll need to get your skates on and post off an entry which must be received by 20:00 tomorrow evening. :)

Hmm, well if I have time I'll try. Now, one final question. Scrabble word round, how does that bit work. Say I had Budweiser Light. Would I get the points for just the budweiser, or budweiser and light?

kd

Caporegime
KD .... by all means feel free to enter a beer matey, just make sure it's a U.K. beer with a nice long name :)

The rest will make more sense later tomorrow :)

Cheers Sonea_Fifer for taking the time to reply buddy :)

Back
Top Bottom