*** The Official OcUK Beers Of The World Competition ***

Soldato
Mine sent in just to clarify will the points still be either 4 3 2 1 point?

I believe they'll be scrabble points / 10 and rounded down. So 58 points would net 5 points and a score of 63 would net 6 points.

On top of that there is the standard rules of 4 for unique etc.

So potentially it could be a very high scoring round where you could get. 65 score beer giving 6 points and if its unique getting an extra 4 for 10 in total :)

Associate
So are you off to the local shops with a Scrabble rulebook and calculator in hand?

Shame McGuires I'll Have What the Gentleman on the Floor is Having Barley Wine isn't a UK beer. It's got a heeeuuuge Scrabble score name. Not sure I'd want to drink it though.

edit... This is UK though.
http://www.bartramsbrewery.co.uk/comrade-bill.html
I'll be hugely impressed if anyone found a bottle :p

Last edited:
Associate
So are you off to the local shops with a Scrabble rulebook and calculator in hand?

Shame McGuires I'll Have What the Gentleman on the Floor is Having Barley Wine isn't a UK beer. It's got a heeeuuuge Scrabble score name. Not sure I'd want to drink it though.

edit... This is UK though.
http://www.bartramsbrewery.co.uk/comrade-bill.html
I'll be hugely impressed if anyone found a bottle :p

Thanks just picked bottle up a local indian

Associate
I believe they'll be scrabble points / 10 and rounded down. So 58 points would net 5 points and a score of 63 would net 6 points.

On top of that there is the standard rules of 4 for unique etc.

So potentially it could be a very high scoring round where you could get. 65 score beer giving 6 points and if its unique getting an extra 4 for 10 in total :)

That's interesting as a 6 point beer that's most popular might score same a 2 point unique beer ! its gonna take while for DJ to work all this out.

Back
Top Bottom