*** The Official OcUK Beers Of The World Competition ***

Soldato
Personally, I'm happy with 3 votes at a time. Nothing stopping you from preempting the next countries and stock up.

G - Germany
H - Hungary
I - Italy
J - Japan
K - Korea
L - ???
M - Mexico (though there is actually a brewery in Monaco!)
N - Norway
O - ???

That's what I reckon. ;)

DJ, for O you may have to think of another game. I think Oman is the only country beginning with O, and I doubt they'll have any breweries.

In other news, no idea what I'm doing for Denmark. I don't really want to go to the pub miles away by myself... Pie, BE MY FRIEND!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Personally, I'm happy with 3 votes at a time. Nothing stopping you from preempting the next countries and stock up.

G - Germany
H - Hungary
I - Italy
J - Japan
K - Korea
L - ???
M - Mexico (though there is actually a brewery in Monaco!)
N - Norway
O - ???

That's what I reckon. ;)

DJ, for O you may have to think of another game. I think Oman is the only country beginning with O, and I doubt they'll have any breweries.

In other news, no idea what I'm doing for Denmark. I don't really want to go to the pub miles away by myself... Pie, BE MY FRIEND!

I for Italy??? What about Ireland! Same for N, N.Ireland :p

L could be Luxembourg, Lithuania, Liechtenstein, Latvia and many others. Now as for O yeah and a few other letters we are going to be stuck (X!!! esp) so what I was thinking, don't forget this is being made up we go along lol. Anyway m thought was really difficult countries we could could possibly go with the capital cites begining with whatever BUT use that country? Ok may mean we end up using another country again but nothing like it for mixing it up? :D Oh and we all learn a bit more about geography :p

EDIT:

Yes there isn't any capital cities begining with X but then if you read page one of this thread I was thinkking of something seperate for it :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
DJ, I have a question.

Collaboration beers, such as this: http://www.brewdog.com/blog-article/international-arms-race-this-is-about-to-get-real.

Could that be entered as both an American brew and a Scottish brew? Also, if Tennent's made a beer at the Stella brewery in Belgium would it be a Scottish brew or a Belgian brew?

A question... not like you :p:D

We've kinda touched on this matter before. I'll use Guinness again as an example. Guinness Ireland Dublin brews Guinness and it's the home to the 'Black Stuff' (speaking of which don't forget September the 27th Arthurs Day)...

...anyway back on track, they also brew Guinness in parts of Africa BUT it's still deemed to be an Irish Beer. In Belfast we package Smithwicks that goes to different countries, one in the far east that you couldn't even read the label apart from Smithwicks Ale but it doesn't mean the beer comes from there. I'm very much inclined to think along the lines of the beer itself rather than where it's brewed.

Caporegime
Infact, sod it. That's not fair.

I'll just enter it and see what the crowd think!

Aaah you and your ninga edit!!!

Is this about France by any chance? Oh and it's not about what the people think when it comes to points adding time :p If in doubt ask and ask until it's understood mate.

EDIT: Does the label on the bottle / can say anything about the country in question?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Don't forget Ahleckz everybody is in the same boat mate :p This is where it starts to get fun.

Pollyfilla is great for cracks in the wall but not much use for those in confidence :p Damn where is Kanifee to help :D

Caporegime
Replied to trust. Matter closed.

Good man, you know it makes sense mate. In fact I only wished I thought of that sooner as it would have cleared up the problem sooner. I'll have to add it to the rules section, like I said before we are the testers for this competition but it's still fun regardless :D

Caporegime
Capital city, or maybe beers with numbers in for O because it looks a bit like 0?

Oooh hey I'm liking the Beer with numbers idea!

EDIT: Could really mix this one up a bit with say lowest number out of all gets no points regardless of being a single selection?

Last edited:
Soldato
DISASTER!!

Couldn't get my beer, I'm leaving it very late and only really have one option left. Could it be possible that I don't enter a beer!?

Though, I did pick up 2 tickets for a Brewdog & Flying Dog tasting night next Thursday which should be good fun. 8 or 10 beers, £8. Not bad!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom