*** The Official OcUK Beers Of The World Competition ***

Associate
Hi Maccapacca,

I want to start this by saying again thank you for taking on the mantle of running the competition. I think your request of rotating and resizing images is perfectly fair although it means I won't be able to send images directly from my phone. But that's fine and fully understand.

My question regarding the California requirement was in your original post you had only listed A - America (The United States of ) Any beer from. And that is still what is listed there, so a month later to change it to specifically California is your call, but it felt to me fairly short notice. In that same post we still have the start date listed as the 2nd November, so I can understand Ahleckz asking for confirmation of the date. People are asking you for clarification because where things have been misunderstood in the past we've not then gained the points.

I certainly agree that working for OcUK I do not have any more influence in this competition than anyone else, nor should I, and I'm not sure why you think I should. But on the flipside I have been involved with this competition since the start and should any questions or opinions not be just as valid to ask as anyone elses? MrsSeabiscuit has her own mind and own (sometimes vocal) opinions, and they are not always the same as mine. She is taking part for the fun of the competition and for the enjoyment of a nice beer, the same reasons I believe we all are.

People have asked for information to be able to take part, such as the email address to take part and for a list of what the rounds are going to be for a while now and have mostly been ignored. You have to remember this thread is getting close to 200 pages and not everyone has been involved from the start and so are going to have questions. And those of us that have been involved from the start have passed a lot of water from a bridge (or something like that) and things might be a little hazy anyway.

Can I ask what is meant in the new rule 12 "Like 'just a minute' points will be deducted for incorrect challenges."

Anyway, keep up the good work, because I do think it is good work. But please keep communicating with us so we know what is going on.

Tea Drinker
Don
OP
The confusion is the thread you are linking is the locked thread, the most up to date thread is here, the other was to gauge interest in GD and finally back here.

The rules, results and timings are and always will be here posts 1 - 5

Soldato
QUOTE=maccapacca;27163945]The confusion is the thread you are linking is the locked thread, the most up to date thread is here, the other was to gauge interest in GD and finally back here.

The rules, results and timings are and always will be here posts 1 - 5[/QUOTE]

Macca you are still ignoring seabiscuit and Ahlecz`s valid points, seabiscuit is right I may be married to him but I have my own opinion and my own mind if i dissagree with him, I would say so. ALso you have a habit of ignoring questions for example what is meant by rule 12.
I understand you have a family and business we are all busy with our own lives, however if you feel that your heart isnt in this or its to much work (as I am sure it is) then really you aught to have said.

Last edited:
Tea Drinker
Don
OP
I will change anything as long as there is a consensus of opinion or if there is a valid point "I don't like it" is not valid and there are plenty of entrants that have said they are happy with the choices.

taB

taB

Associate
California is cool with me. The more obscure the better for the categories and I fully accept I may struggle to produce a beer for them. For me this is about trying beer and seeing what others come up with as their choices.

taB

taB

Associate
Actually I do have an objection. B - Belgium Trappist. I hate this stuff :). I'll find somewhere that will pour me a small one...

Back
Top Bottom