*** The Official OcUK Beers Of The World Competition ***

Soldato
Few points :

G - Glass. Any Beer, with matching glass.
K - Kolsch style, which is essentially a lager, or a beer from Cologne? I'd reconsider K and go for keg (thought that may be a bit pricey if we have to each buy a minikeg). Kilo may be good, as in 1000 ml bottles?

L - what's your definition?
M - as above.

T - triple hopped. Any beer that is triple hopped.
U - universe. A beer with a space theme.

Just a few ideas.

Big thumbs up for the T and U's and I like the idea of the G just as it'll be funny to see who has the best/worst glass combo!

K for keg could would be good fun but does the keg have to be labeled or can it be an action picture of them pouring it? (there's a place round here that has an amazing beer on sale in mini keg form)

Also guys general question do we just need BOTW mk4 in the entry picture? Or is it the op picture?

Soldato
A handwritten note with your username and OcUK has been sufficient in the past. I think having to have the background is a bit punitive for those of us who don't carry around a camera and a smartphone!

Tea Drinker
Don
OP
All the rules are on page 1 posts 1 to and including 5, have always been and will be. Assumptions based on this discussion may not be correct so check the rules.

It's upposed to be a bit of fun so stop moaning less than a week before the start. You've had long enough.

Results will be a new thread every week and general chit chat in here.

To rotate, resize and decipher the potato pictures, guess who they came from as some have the handwriting skills of a turtle. Upload, label and create the thread. Check each beer, make sure it's valid, decide on points and keep a spreadsheet up to date all takes well over an hour a week, I've got a family and my own business so your moaning about petty points is quite tiresome and insulting.

Tea Drinker
Don
OP
If anyone can just say what they don't like I'll change it rather than just moaning in general. You know be constructive. There was a lot of input when the competition first started to shape it and not a lot has changed so I don't understand where anyone thinks it's fallen down.

Tea Drinker
Don
OP
One of the best rounds was the Laos / Vietnam round. I'm sure it's not too much trouble to find a beer from California or Sussex and we've always voted or gone with the majority, one persons opinion doesn't make a majority there's a lot of support and entries already.

I appreciate SB is your other half and a member of OCUK team but it doesn't make his or your opinion more important than anyone else that has signed up and participating.

Can we just get on with the fun?

Soldato
Weirdly, it's a lot easier to get a Californian beer than it is a Sussex beer in Glasgow!

Plus, you don't want to make it to easy as loads of people will get three points! Easy to find a rare beer when you have ever whole of England to pick from, harder when it's just one County.

What's going on with maccas attitude I don't know though, people are posting opinions and suggestions and macca just ignores them or takes it as a personal slight. I made some recommendations, as did seabiscuit, which people liked but they don't seem like getting off the ground!
What seabiscuits employment or relationship has to do with anything I don't know!

If the framework is final and we're going to vote on the blanks in the result thread that's fine, but it would be nice to know so we're not wasting our time posting in here.

Caporegime
Even when I used to run the competition (oh and thanks for the kind words Mrs.S I think he bit just a little :D ) I always found it frustrating when people wouldn't speak up before the competition started, that is the time to go over everything that may cause snags or issues. Once the ball is rolling it's pretty much too late.

Sure maybe some rounds will be nearly impossible for a few people but then that in itself can go full circle and affect everyone at some stage in the competition. After all, that's what it is, a competition based around fun. It was started to try and get (I include myself in this) people to broaden their ideas about what beer is really about and just how many different types there are available. Go get searching, that is half the fun too.

Good luck everyone and for dear sake enjoy it people :)

EDIT: Oh and go easy on Macca. Yes he's a big lad and can handle most things, but I know just how time consuming and strenuous this comp. can be. :)

Back
Top Bottom