*** The Official OcUK Beers Of The World Competition ***

Soldato
Bummer mate I know, trust me though my week has been the sort of week I really needed a beer because of,got side swiped by a bint on Wednesday who's only English appeared to be 'i was in correct lane,I was in correct lane'...... Yes pet you was until you come careering into my lane foolish bint. Following a phone call to insurance they informed me it will likely go 50/50 as no witness and statistics say I likely drifted in to her lane on the roundabout even though I never left my lane........... Many beers needed but surgery in the morning so no go. Needles to say when I'm off the meds I'm going to be having an epic posting time in the now drinking thread!

DcD

DcD

Associate
Cant find the email address! I need to send my photo on my iphone. Can someone remind me of it?

Edit: Found it! I think it should have sent.

Last edited:
Soldato
Get in :D

Well pleased with that! Do we get an update in the opening couple of posts?? :p

I like the idea for Q as well, seems a really fun idea to try out each others beers

Caporegime
Get in :D

Well pleased with that! Do we get an update in the opening couple of posts?? :p

I like the idea for Q as well, seems a really fun idea to try out each others beers

Yes I'll update it during the week, working nights again (off from tomorrow) so still a bit meh...

Yes I like the sound of Q myself, one way to get us all to try something different even if only once :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes I'll update it during the week, working nights again (off from tomorrow) so still a bit meh...

Yes I like the sound of Q myself, one way to get us all to try something different even if only once :D

Ah I keep forgetting how working nights goes :p

I am really looking forward to trying out some of the earlier weeks beers! Theres one or two Belgium ones that should be worth fighting everyone over... :D

Soldato
Haha I have been up all night refreshing the page waiting to see what you put down :p

(actually I'v been up all night doing uni work in eager anticipation of drinks this evening but this is a nice silly o'clock surprise)

Caporegime
Ok after being requested (good idea from maccapacca) to setup an auto reply email (Vacation reply is title) that you will receive anytime you email the competition address. This is just to let you know when sending your entries that it has been received safely. If by chance you don't get an auto reply then please feel free to ask in here and I shall double check :)

Hope this helps everyone.

Caporegime
Hey Ahleckz how about this for an idea, one that I should have had in from the start....

A Joker round :D That one week where you feel you really have the beer no one else does you play your joker card 'OcUK Joker Card' written on paper/card. If correct double points of whatever they are ie. 3 = 6 and so on.... BUT if someone else has same beer and plays theirs then no bonus points?

This is just an idea to think about for next time.

EDIT: Open for input people, like I say it's something that might mix it u next time round :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Nope, gonna be easy :p

You've got my address, post me a bottle. :D

I can't even think of many Irish beers let alone think where I could buy them in Glasgow! Though one beer has taken my fancy, wonder if I can get my Irish friend to post one over...

I'm just hoping that Scotland will be the country for 'S' as that should be a bit of a challenge for you. I can't afford to drop points with you being in the lead!

As for the rule change, I'd personally say no but it's a democracy here. I'm happy with the rules, and I think the competition has been running long enough now without the need for any rule changes. I don't think that rule would really make people try new beer anymore than the competition already does and I think that's the main objective of the contest?

Caporegime
You've got my address, post me a bottle. :D

I can't even think of many Irish beers let alone think where I could buy them in Glasgow! Though one beer has taken my fancy, wonder if I can get my Irish friend to post one over...

I'm just hoping that Scotland will be the country for 'S' as that should be a bit of a challenge for you. I can't afford to drop points with you being in the lead!

As for the rule change, I'd personally say no but it's a democracy here. I'm happy with the rules, and I think the competition has been running long enough now without the need for any rule changes. I don't think that rule would really make people try new beer anymore than the competition already does and I think that's the main objective of the contest?

Firstly it's NOT a rule change matey, just something I was thinking about and wondering if it would work or not. Deffo will NOT be featuring in this competition as it's started. Oh and yes you are quite correct the main object is to try new beers and have fun doing so. Actually looking forward to 'Q' where people will be forced to try something others have :D

Irish beer - loads of them! Tesco/Asda have plenty and some you wouldn't even think of as Irish ;)

Subject of posting, I've just to find some way of wrapping your bottle (not beer!) to keep it safe for posting.

Soldato
Ah right, you're thinking of having OcUK Beers of the World Round 2?! Awesome.

What could be interesting would be have OcUK Alcohol of the World Competition. Open it up to cider/liqueurs/spirits. Though I suspect that would be awfully expensive. I can't afford 26 bottles of spirit!

Surely your work will have some bubblewrap lying around? As I've said numerous times I'm more than happy to pay P&P&P (post, packaging and pintage). ;)

I'll have a gander in Tesco and ASDA. I haven't noticed any Irish beer in my beer shop but you never know. I guess it gives me a good excuse to tour the Irish bars in Glasgow one day. :D

Caporegime
Ah right, you're thinking of having OcUK Beers of the World Round 2?! Awesome.

What could be interesting would be have OcUK Alcohol of the World Competition. Open it up to cider/liqueurs/spirits. Though I suspect that would be awfully expensive. I can't afford 26 bottles of spirit!

Surely your work will have some bubblewrap lying around? As I've said numerous times I'm more than happy to pay P&P&P (post, packaging and pintage). ;)

I'll have a gander in Tesco and ASDA. I haven't noticed any Irish beer in my beer shop but you never know. I guess it gives me a good excuse to tour the Irish bars in Glasgow one day. :D

Fear not buddy it will arrive :)

Yes I'm pretty sure the competition will be run again, while people wish to play it. I love the fact that even though 7 weeks in we still have people joining late and I'm sure if it's well enough advertised we will have more signing up next time round :)

Soldato
Dj rigged the Ireland vote for a home win! :p

Going to send out a search party of people from uni to find him and copy his beer!!!! (that or send them out to win the Ireland round)

Also round two sounds like a brilliant plan!

Back
Top Bottom