*** The Official OcUK Beers Of The World Competition ***

Soldato
This is brilliant DrunkenJester:

and with 'self proclaimed winner' Ahleckz pulling out a wonder selection he leapfrogged into first place with a 3 pointer!

:D. But, let's remember Strang3r also got a 3 pointer. Congrats to him also.

I'm hoping to create a bit of a buffer with Korea, as I'm pretty sure Latvia is going to be a disaster. Whilst I could get a beer for it, it's going to cost me more than I'd be willing to spend on a mystery beer.

Ahleckz - 28
DirtyJester - 27
Maccapacca - 26
aceface57 - 25
~Divine~Wind~ - 25
Belmit - 24
pingwing - 24
Jokester - 22
Strang3r - 22
PapaLazaru - 19
Kanifee - 19
pieplough - 19
Mrs_Seabiscuit - 19
Hank_Marvin - 18
ots3go - 17
seabiscuit - 16
silent - 16
Spuj1988 - 14
manveruppd - 12
GhostlyPea - 10
Mike306 - 8
DcD - 8
Kilkus - 6
Russinating - 5
Repta - 5
p1RATE - 1
Tican - 1
Invertigo - 1

;)

Last edited:
Soldato
We'll be voting in the Korean result thread, silent. We'll be voting for letters 'M', 'N' and 'P'.

Because of the lack of countries beginning with 'O', we've already decided that that weeks beer will be one beginning with the letter 'O'.

I'm still struggling for Latvia. :( Korea is sorted, though I'm finding it hard to get a camera...

Associate
Latvia is making me pretty angry, think I'm going to be a no show. Getting a Korean was pretty easy for me and I find I'm enjoying my life more and more with each Korean beer free hour that passes. If there is another competition and Korea comes out again then I'm most likely going to pretend I can't find an entry.

I'm now starting to feel bitter about joining the competition late, if I had been in for America and Belgium then I'd probably win the GTX690 or what ever the prize is ;D

Caporegime
Latvia is making me pretty angry, think I'm going to be a no show. Getting a Korean was pretty easy for me and I find I'm enjoying my life more and more with each Korean beer free hour that passes. If there is another competition and Korea comes out again then I'm most likely going to pretend I can't find an entry.

I'm now starting to feel bitter about joining the competition late, if I had been in for America and Belgium then I'd probably win the GTX690 or what ever the prize is ;D

Don't worry, if popular enough there will be a beers of the world 2 were you can shine :)

EDIT: Prize is something you can play with... but won't require any power ;)

korea is probably a no show for me again. will look at lunchtime but nowt this way that does those types. hopefully teesco's may have some or morrisons.

Good to see you still in matey and don't worry about Korea you are far from alone! :)

Last edited:
Can't type for toffee
Don

LOL a 690, wish it was :p
I'd be quite happy for us all to chuck a fiver each into someones PP account and
then get a boatload of beers sent to the winner. That or some beer themed gubbins sent to the winner.

Don't think it was discussed much before we started LOL.

As for Korea and Latvia Im sorted :D
hopefully get a bit back nearer to the top after a poor couple of weeks :(

Caporegime
Sorry for my lack of participation. Have been away quite a bit and busy. Forgot about this. :o

Will try and join in more when I can.

Korea this week :eek:

Hi matey good to see you back, and yes Korea :)

LOL a 690, wish it was :p
I'd be quite happy for us all to chuck a fiver each into someones PP account and
then get a boatload of beers sent to the winner. That or some beer themed gubbins sent to the winner.

Don't think it was discussed much before we started LOL.

As for Korea and Latvia Im sorted :D
hopefully get a bit back nearer to the top after a poor couple of weeks :(

At this moment in time some people (Ahleckz and myself) will be donating some beer related prizes. It would be great indeed if more people were to do the same BUT I must stress that by no means is this a compulsory requirement but purely a bit of added fun. My prize at this moment in time will consist of a brand new sealed pack of Guinness Poker Cards and last bottle of my Irish entry :)

EDIT: My present prizes ;)

20121011135854631.jpg

Last edited:
Can't type for toffee
Don
K and L sent :)
Lets start the voting for M N P! Cant wait lol

As for the O entries just a quick clarification please...

Flying Dog: xxx
Goose Island: xxx
Green Flash: xxx

It doesnt matter the name it's just the bit I've replaced with XXX yeah?
Same Q for Z too, the bit after teh ":" is the part that counts yeah?

So "Goose Island: Summer Time" would be no good for the Animal one?

And

"Odell: 90 Shilling Ale" would be no good for O as thats not actually the brew type yea?

EDIT: the autoreply is damn slow today :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Yea, Flying Dog's Gonzo would be fine. Goose Island's Oatmeal Stout would also be fine. I've never heard of Green Flash brewery though. ;)

Correct about Odell, the beer type is a 90 shilling.

I must get my bum into gear and go hunting for Latvia.

Back
Top Bottom