*** The Official OcUK Beers Of The World Competition ***

Can't type for toffee
Don
I didnt bother drinking my NZ entry last night...
Tried an Anchor Porter and the BRooklyn Black Chocolate stout.

Both very drinkable and I think my mind has been changed ont eh choc/coffeee beers for the time being

Associate
Brooklyn Choco Stout is a beast, only have it maybe once a year. Ever tried the Meantime Chocolate Stout? They served it in The Bacchus for about 6 months and it was a very sad day when it was finally gone. Get the odd bottle now and then.

Looking forward to your NZ beer? lol

Caporegime
Brooklyn Choco Stout is a beast, only have it maybe once a year. Ever tried the Meantime Chocolate Stout? They served it in The Bacchus for about 6 months and it was a very sad day when it was finally gone. Get the odd bottle now and then.

Looking forward to your NZ beer? lol

I tried it this week for the first (pics) and one I would drink again though not a lot of it mind :) It's described as a limited edition in that they only do it during the winter.

Maybe....... maybe not :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Dirtyjester wasn't sure if you saw in the NZ thread but how come myself, Belmit, ~Divine~Wind~ and Strang3r only got 1 point despite picking the 2nd most popular beers??

I was under the impression because there were 2 pairs of beers they were considered 2 pointers and the lager 3 people chose got only one 1 because it was the common muck...

Caporegime
Dirtyjester wasn't sure if you saw in the NZ thread but how come myself, Belmit, ~Divine~Wind~ and Strang3r only got 1 point despite picking the 2nd most popular beers??

I was under the impression because there were 2 pairs of beers they were considered 2 pointers and the lager 3 people chose got only one 1 because it was the common muck...

:confused:

Not having a great day, I'll go check and get back to you.

EDIT: Steinlager Pure x 2 & Steinlager Classic x 2 Now I know I've not been sharp as new pin today doing the addition but I'll stick my neck on the block over 2 + 2 = 4 ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
:confused:

Not having a great day, I'll go check and get back to you.

EDIT: Steinlager Pure x 2 & Steinlager Classic x 2 Now I know I've not been sharp as new pin today doing the addition but I'll stick my neck on the block over 2 + 2 = 4 ;)

Ahhhhhhhh not to worry I didn't see Silents entry and did my blurry eyed the Steinlager's must all be the same... A lot of wishful thinking there I think :D

Caporegime
Ahhhhhhhh not to worry I didn't see Silents entry and did my blurry eyed the Steinlager's must all be the same... A lot of wishful thinking there I think :D

No worries matey :) Though scores could have been a lot different if I'd changed my mind and stuck in Tui :D Yeah picked up two of them last week when I did my beer run. Decided to stick with my original choice as it was part of only online purchase in the competition :)

Soldato
Ahhh! I had the option of almost anything from the 8 wired brewery, couple of other things I am going to pop back and try (despite the prices).

Next week will be entertaining with random quotes!

Caporegime
Ahhh! I had the option of almost anything from the 8 wired brewery, couple of other things I am going to pop back and try (despite the prices).

Next week will be entertaining with random quotes!

LOL :D ping are you just being silly... next week is 'O' as in Ooooooh

oooooooohn.gif

:p

Soldato
I'm sleepy :p

O will be fun as my O was horrible!! Q is the round I am confident in.... :D

Gutted my secret beer shop is shut on a monday :( was going to get all sorts of things.

Caporegime
I'm sleepy :p

O will be fun as my O was horrible!! Q is the round I am confident in.... :D

Gutted my secret beer shop is shut on a monday :( was going to get all sorts of things.

No worries mate, after my slip ups this morning while trying to do the weekly result I can fully understand what sleep deprivation can do :)

Sounds like they have a sale on a Monday, just don't get caught :p

Back
Top Bottom