*** The Official OcUK Beers Of The World Competition ***

Can't type for toffee
Don
Cracked open the NZ beer, there are no words how good this is! Going to pop back to the shop on monday and pick a bottle for the winner of the competition.

If this got no points this week, id be happy as I am enjoying it that much :)

Tempted to ask what it is for when I go shopping lol
Will wait til after all entries done tho

Are there any Dark NZ beers?

Soldato
Good to hear. Still wondering if we all have the same. Annoying a little as I have found what I originally wanted but only by the case. Funds will not allow.

Got a feeling I have something different (after getting lucky on my research for this week), hoping for it anyway :)

My one was horrible. :(

awww :(

Tempted to ask what it is for when I go shopping lol
Will wait til after all entries done tho

Are there any Dark NZ beers?

Haha that would sort of break the game :p

I have seen one or two dark NZ beers out there. Just have to have a good look...

Caporegime
Well, took a trip over to the shop and now have a NZ entry. Also have a rubbish looking Portuguese bottle, looking forward to that one.

Nice one :)

mission Accomplished :cool:

Got me a NZ entry!

If Strang3r went to rehills too theres a 50/50 chance we got the same from what I coudl see lol :p

After all the crying you were doing did you have to swim there... ;) :p

Associate
mission Accomplished :cool:

Got me a NZ entry!

If Strang3r went to rehills too theres a 50/50 chance we got the same from what I coudl see lol :p

Yeah, I thought that too. I just bought the one which I though I may enjoy, fully expect to get little/no points anyway. Kanifee shops there too, we both got the same vile French beer.

Didn't swim there DJ. Don't quite know what changed my mind and motivated me to make the trip. Have my entries for the next month or so sorted and will probably have them tonight.

Caporegime
Yeah, I thought that too. I just bought the one which I though I may enjoy, fully expect to get little/no points anyway. Kanifee shops there too, we both got the same vile French beer.

Didn't swim there DJ. Don't quite know what changed my mind and motivated me to make the trip. Have my entries for the next month or so sorted and will probably have them tonight.

Swimming was directed @ ~Divine~Wind~ ;)

Can't type for toffee
Don
**** it you :p
Soudns like I might get 0 points anyway LOL

went for 1 bottle of NZ...
Walked away with 3 oktoberfest ones.
2 bottles of delirium one elephant one blue thing.
and a few random stout/porters

Left them in the car tho think I'll stick em in the fridge at work hehe

Last edited:
Associate
**** it you :p
Soudns like I might get 0 points anyway LOL

went for 1 bottle of NZ...
Walked away with 3 oktoberfest ones.
2 bottles of delirium one elephant one blue thing.
and a few random stout/porters

Left them in the car tho think I'll stick em in the fridge at work hehe

Impressed with the shop?

The Portuguese stuff I picked up is the worst thing I've tasted so far during the competition. I think I could replicate it with a half of cooking lager mixed with a little washing up liquid, special brew and whisky. Considering throwing it down the sink..

Caporegime
Impressed with the shop?

The Portuguese stuff I picked up is the worst thing I've tasted so far during the competition. I think I could replicate it with a half of cooking lager mixed with a little washing up liquid, special brew and whisky. Considering throwing it down the sink..

Somebody needs a hug :p

Justa...
chipsomethingin.png

NO weekly results until tomorrow morning... night all :)

Can't type for toffee
Don
Impressed with the shop?

Aye definatley gonna be headed back, sure some of its expensive but no more expensive that a night out. They actually had a few I really fancy trying :) I think my eyes may have even lit up when I saw the Oktoberfest stuff

That one sounds a bit like that casablanca crap.

Soldato
So, what did everyone enter? :D I went for Montieth's Black Beer. A stout. Very unremarkable.

I'm not going to ask where you got that from? :mad:

I spent most of my day off either on the phone or driving round Edinburgh / Livi trying to find an off licence that actually stocked NZ beer :(

On the plus side I did discover the Banana Bread Beer and I'll definitely be purchasing more of that - it's all fun and it's a learning curve huh :D

Back
Top Bottom