• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** The Official OCUK Cinebench R23 Benchmark Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I've had a go with R23 and I wonder what is your secret! ;)

With PBO +50 Boost, I'm struggling to hit stock scores on the results page. Ideal cold conditions as well today.

5950X, 4x8 DDR4 3600 C14, Windows 10 (all updates)

1669 Single
30421 Multi

Associate
I've had a go with R23 and I wonder what is your secret! ;)
With PBO +50 Boost,
1669 Single
30421 Multi
+50 boost alone doesn't get you there
Need to play around with curve optimiser
and have certain amount of silicon lottery luck, so that best designated cores could take a much lower curve

And, probably, a very clean Windows install.

Caporegime
+50 boost alone doesn't get you there
Need to play around with curve optimiser
and have certain amount of silicon lottery luck, so that best designated cores could take a much lower curve

And, probably, a very clean Windows install.
Well said.

Actually my best core will only take around -5 without an eventual idle crash, it's just a very good core. However for benching I can run it a bit lower at around -12 before it restarts the PC.

Last edited:
Associate
Windows is stripped down with minimal background tasks and av disabled. I'm using a -25 all core curve. -30 tends to black out the moment a test finishes. Setting the boost higher than 50 looses a few points maybe due to having to throttle. I'm using a 280mm AIO so I don't think the single core test at least is being held back on this cold day. All the various security updates might be playing a part as well giving different results from a year ago.

Caporegime
Windows is stripped down with minimal background tasks and av disabled. I'm using a -25 all core curve. -30 tends to black out the moment a test finishes. Setting the boost higher than 50 looses a few points maybe due to having to throttle. I'm using a 280mm AIO so I don't think the single core test at least is being held back on this cold day. All the various security updates might be playing a part as well giving different results from a year ago.
Well done. You need a excellent sample to be able to do an all core -20. I have a few cores that wouldn't like that.

Associate
Mine are -20 all core also but still don't get those heady numbers some have, perhaps because I don't cool it enough or its a live system that hasn't seen a fresh install since Win8 desoite an number of mobos and CPUs etc :D

5950x @ PBO CO -20 with +50 boost
RAM @ 3800 CL16

I can get ~31.5k multicore running an all core 4.7Ghz but then the single core is not as good, I can't seem to get max SC and MC via PBO all core clocks sit at 4.6 on PBO with this Gigabyte board.

upload-2021-9-11-16-25-1.png

Associate
I've had another go this morning utilising DynamicOC this time. I can only get to 4.6ghz all core with a blistering 1.4v while PBO +50 Boost -25 All core curve covers the single core.

Multi-31126
Siingle-1665

Highest scores are always on the first run. I did multi first in this case which causes single to fall a bit.

running Single first I had managed to knock out a 1677 score

Soldato
Absolutely, i'm amazed that peeps havn't been pumping them into this thread already. That said, @humbug has said he won't be updating the thread. That's a shame to be honest because over the next year or so we can all see the swings and roundabouts before our eyes if it was updated.

What's up with humbug is he gonna close his account?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Some may have noticed i haven't updated this thread since April.

I don't have as much time as i used to and its feeling like too much of a chore, Sorry.

Feel free to make your own.
Should be easy enough for anyone interested in it. Copy paste your OP and carry on. All you have to do is get a mod to lock this one and change title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom