***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Soldato
Went to Legoland yesterday for the first time. Had a really good day, must admit it didn't really feel very Lego, outside of the miniture area and a few of the ride themes.

But made me want to do another model.. just don't have any space to display them when complete :(

Love the look of the shipwreck or the blacksmith shop. We get 25% off at John Lewis so it's rather tempting. They also have these marked down a little already, or maybe that's just the new RRP and they pass it off as a saving

Roughly £86.50 for the Blacksmith or £115ish for the shipwreck. Tempting but again limited space to appreciate it upon completion

Soldato
Went to Legoland yesterday for the first time. Had a really good day, must admit it didn't really feel very Lego, outside of the miniture area and a few of the ride themes.

But made me want to do another model.. just don't have any space to display them when complete :(

Love the look of the shipwreck or the blacksmith shop. We get 25% off at John Lewis so it's rather tempting. They also have these marked down a little already, or maybe that's just the new RRP and they pass it off as a saving

Roughly £86.50 for the Blacksmith or £115ish for the shipwreck. Tempting but again limited space to appreciate it upon completion

The Pirates of Barracuda Bay is due to retire end of this year now.

Any chance to buy that at a substantial discount would be prudent. You could buy a few sets and comfortably double your money next year once it has been retired for 6 months.

Pirates of BB and the Medieval Blacksmith have been my most enjoyable builds over the last few years.

The 89' Batmobile is also retiring soon. Another set to acquire with value speculation in mind.

Soldato
The Pirates of Barracuda Bay is due to retire end of this year now.

Any chance to buy that at a substantial discount would be prudent. You could buy a few sets and comfortably double your money next year once it has been retired for 6 months.

Pirates of BB and the Medieval Blacksmith have been my most enjoyable builds over the last few years.

The 89' Batmobile is also retiring soon. Another set to acquire with value speculation in mind.

Interesting!

I'm really surprised Lego haven't said no staff discounts from 3rd party retailers. Like apple etc you can't get discount on their products for example.

25% makes a big difference especially on the higher priced sets.

I'm literally hovering over the buy button today ;)

I'd love the pirate one but space wise, I can't justify anywhere to display it.

I think the Smith shop would fit on my shelf in living room

Soldato
Interesting!

I'd love the pirate one but space wise, I can't justify anywhere to display it.

I think the Smith shop would fit on my shelf in living room

Pirates of BB in island mode requires half of an extra deep billy (80x40x202cm version) bookcase or equivalent to fit comfortably.

This is mine taking up most of the bottom level of a Hemnes bookcase which is pretty much the same size as a Billy. My original pirates island next to it for scale.

cx7lHzP.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Pirates of BB in island mode requires half of an extra deep billy (80x40x202cm version) bookcase or equivalent to fit comfortably.

This is mine taking up most of the bottom level of a Hemnes bookcase which is pretty much the same size as a Billy. My original pirates island next to it for scale.

cx7lHzP.jpg

That's glorious!

I caved and went for the Blacksmith as I think I can just about accommodate it ;)

Soldato

cx7lHzP.jpg
Ha I had that tiny set, intact I think its in my loft. I seem to remember the bridge never sitting quite right. Also thought it was funny that they put white dots on the board. Also it's just reminded me, I've started the 1989 batmobile and I notice they highlight the parts to be fitted in red
Wonder if this will become a new thing.

Soldato
Just got the medieval blacksmith, vader and scout trooper helmets, IIS and lunar lander to build now got them out the garage.

Was disappointed with the UCS Gunship, would have preferred a Neb-B or Tie Bomber, but will be interesting to see the UCS AT-AT at the end of the year.

Soldato
Just got the medieval blacksmith, vader and scout trooper helmets, IIS and lunar lander to build now got them out the garage.

Was disappointed with the UCS Gunship, would have preferred a Neb-B or Tie Bomber, but will be interesting to see the UCS AT-AT at the end of the year.
I wonder if the AT-AT will be star destroyer/Falcon sized ad in the 650 quid option or not? I've not seen much detail on it other than speculation.

Soldato
PXL-20210820-153613072.jpg

Picked up from Waitrose today :)

Didn't realise it has a light up block too. Fun!

Looking forward to starting it. I'll drag it out over as many evenings as possible

Soldato
Plan is to 3d print some wedge shapes to make the detail more visible and elevate the cars at an angle.
Run some mains LED strips along each shelf etc.

@413x can you elaborate what you mean by these wedge shapes to show more detail? I currently have mine on a bookshelves but would be curious to see what you have in mind.

Caporegime
Ah okay, wouldn’t mind seeing the final results when you get around to doing it. I was considering mounting them on the backboard of the case but not sure.

Yes he's correct. The flat profile and vertical isn't for me. But to have the left side higher than the right shows more of the build on shelving

Back
Top Bottom