***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Soldato
I do get a bit annoyed at how long it takes Lego to dispatch stuff.

Did you select express or free? Standard free delivery can still take up to 2 weeks (10 working days) for dispatch iirc. Always has been slow unless paid service and even then it takes a few days.

Thankfully I have a Lego store really close so can go in for first thing on launch days.

Caporegime
Did you select express or free? Standard free delivery can still take up to 2 weeks (10 working days) for dispatch iirc. Always has been slow unless paid service and even then it takes a few days.

Thankfully I have a Lego store really close so can go in for first thing on launch days.
I picked free as I wasn’t paying £21 for express delivery

Soldato
Bit of help and/or advice.

I need to organise my Lego, I’m planning on having a Lego room/office. I’ve got loads of cars. The bigger ones I’m thinking of mounting them on the wall with a decent bit of space between them. Then having my computer desk under them so it’s not too much. I’m thinking the 6 technic cars (Defender, Chiron, Sian, 488, 911 and 911) would look smart. I seen this and thought this style would be perfect for me. https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/kb4d7q/new_wall_mount_ideas/

The smaller ones, I’m planning on putting them on display on something like a book shelve but that just sounds boring. I’ve no idea what the best way to lay out the bigger sets are, I’ve got the Taj Mahal, Old Trafford, the rollercoaster, tower bridge, Big Ben, Ferris wheel and carousel.

Soldato
Bit of help and/or advice.

I need to organise my Lego, I’m planning on having a Lego room/office. I’ve got loads of cars. The bigger ones I’m thinking of mounting them on the wall with a decent bit of space between them. Then having my computer desk under them so it’s not too much. I’m thinking the 6 technic cars (Defender, Chiron, Sian, 488, 911 and 911) would look smart. I seen this and thought this style would be perfect for me. https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/kb4d7q/new_wall_mount_ideas/

The smaller ones, I’m planning on putting them on display on something like a book shelve but that just sounds boring. I’ve no idea what the best way to lay out the bigger sets are, I’ve got the Taj Mahal, Old Trafford, the rollercoaster, tower bridge, Big Ben, Ferris wheel and carousel.
That does look pretty cool, especially colour coding the wall mount. I'm tempted to do the same with my chiron.

Soldato
So, it turns out they’re even more expensive as they’re shipped from Italy and postage is 30. So works out to be £111

https://huyl.it/

If anyone is interested. There has to be a place I can source those plastic bit from. Few holes in it and surely it’d be solid enough to hold.

Caporegime
Looking around my sons playroom as we start to sell off and clear out the sets he no longer wants or doesn’t use I noticed one of the white models that has seen more sunlight than the rest has gone really off white.

Can this be recovered? Luckily he doesn’t have too many white kits but sadly it’s one of my favourites the Star Wars clone era gunship :(

Still I console myself that the ninjago city he wanted more than anything in the world but never opened goes for over £550 on eBay!

Soldato
Just bought the kids more lego for Christmas. Very had a black friday sale on do got a jurassic world set for 45 quid down from 70 and some lego friends one too. I'm really tempted by the batwing as I am currently between builds, just hope they do a good discount on that cone black friday on lego website.

Soldato
Anyone thinking of doing the legomagicalmysteryhunt.com for Lego HP 20th Anniversary. Do it at home online to enter the competition. The experience in Cardiff was underwhelming and you can't visit the Ford Anglia as there is only one and it's in London. The only reason to go into Cardiff or Edinbrugh is to get the Golden Snitch Lego set, which is nice for a freebie.

Soldato
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom