***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Associate
Was thinking of buying the Titanic, But thought i buy this one first to go with my GT3 & Chiron cars before Lego stop selling it

Oy3bPFU.jpg

Fantastic set along with the Chiron for wow factor opening the box. I got it for my wife for Christmas for her collection (never managed to find a GT3).

She finished the first book and the next two boxes of book 2 before she had a hearing implant op a couple of weeks ago.

She started building it yesterday as she no longer felt dizzy tilting her head. Turns out there was an incorrect piece in the next box and the required piece isn't used again in the the rest of the build :eek:. Now waiting for a replacement from Lego.

She has the worst luck with missing/incorrect pieces, must be every fourth Technic kit so far. Yet I have never seen anything missing from the Creator Expert or Star Wars sets between her and my son.

Soldato
Fantastic set along with the Chiron for wow factor opening the box. I got it for my wife for Christmas for her collection (never managed to find a GT3).

She finished the first book and the next two boxes of book 2 before she had a hearing implant op a couple of weeks ago.

She started building it yesterday as she no longer felt dizzy tilting her head. Turns out there was an incorrect piece in the next box and the required piece isn't used again in the the rest of the build :eek:. Now waiting for a replacement from Lego.

She has the worst luck with missing/incorrect pieces, must be every fourth Technic kit so far. Yet I have never seen anything missing from the Creator Expert or Star Wars sets between her and my son.
At least lego tend to be pretty quick at sending sorts out when I've requested them. Just annoying though.

Soldato

I had to pay over the top for my GT3 set as i bought it sometime after Lego stopped selling..

Am really hoping there no parts missing from my set as it can be a real pain getting parts as Lego no ship to Guernsey where i live and would have to try find a third party supplier..

Associate
At least lego tend to be pretty quick at sending sorts out when I've requested them. Just annoying though.

That is true, just waiting on the random postal processing times. Usually around 7 to 10 days, so a bit quicker than their longest expected time.

I had to pay over the top for my GT3 set as i bought it sometime after Lego stopped selling..

Am really hoping there no parts missing from my set as it can be a real pain getting parts as Lego no ship to Guernsey where i live and would have to try find a third party supplier..

I didn't realise it was such a PITA getting stuff out that way still. Lovely offer from Rob there.

If it offers any balance, my youngest sister has been buying Technic and Creator Expert sets for several years and has a much larger collection, and she has rarely had a problem with a missing or incorrect piece. Her Lambo was perfect last year.

Soldato
Managed to get mine unopened off ebay on a Buy-It-Now Sept 2019 for £215, feels like I got a bargain seeing the amazon price.
Really wish i could use ebay but the postage prices to guernsey these days is totally nuts :mad:

Example from a Lego GT3 on ebay i just looked at
52i8pGS.jpg

£18.80 for a few tiny lego pieces...totally insane postage charges
7BLBXDG.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Really wish i could use ebay but the postage prices to guernsey these days is totally nuts :mad:

Example from a Lego GT3 on ebay i just looked at
52i8pGS.jpg

£18.80 for a few tiny lego pieces...totally insane postage charges
7BLBXDG.jpg
Have you looked at how much small parts are direct from lego? Also don't you have reduced tax in Guernsey?

Soldato
Have you looked at how much small parts are direct from lego? Also don't you have reduced tax in Guernsey?
Lego no ship to channel islands

Yes we no meant to pay VAT in guernsey, But there very few online places that will ship to guernsey or that will remove the VAT.
Plus many local retailers if there a UK chain sell for the same price as the included VAT UK price

Soldato
Lego no ship to channel islands

Yes we no meant to pay VAT in guernsey, But there very few online places that will ship to guernsey or that will remove the VAT.
Plus many local retailers if there a UK chain sell for the same price as the included VAT UK price
Is there some sort of amazon locker you could use in the mainland and just nip over (granted it would have to be a big locker for lego:cry:).

Soldato
Was in my local Tesco today and they were getting a refit. They had quite a large amount of lego sets reduced to clear across most themes.

I ended up getting the Adidas trainer for £40. Great price. The box has a bit of damage though.

They also had the older Lego technic Ducati bike 42107 down to £37.50.

Soldato
Quick trip to the lego store today. Wasn't going to get the creator tiger but it looked fantastic on display, so did the vintage taxi gwp so decided to buy a few things.

Last edited:
Soldato
I went silly over Xmas

Ecto1
D11 Dozer
Millennium Falcon
Star destroyer
Space shuttle

Not sure when I'm ever going to find the time. Did Ecto1 over the few days off over Xmas.

Waiting for the Titanic to come back into stock for the Mrs......

Gonna need a Lego room at this rate.
Got 23700 vip points now though

Back
Top Bottom