***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Ordered the concorde.
Was planning to go in on Monday and get it. But couldn't be bothered.
An hour of driving, expensive parking and top cashback online just put me off going in

Since parking charges in Cardiff have gone up I'm going in much much less than I used to.
Its basically 5 pounds even for short trips.

There's where i would have had to go too! I think i will get it next time I am near a lego store or at a Smyths. There is no rush, it always drop in price later on. This and the Delorean are still on my to get list.

Last edited:
There's where i would have had to go too! I think i will get it next time I am near a lego store or at a Smyths. There is no rush, it always drop in price later on. This and the Delorean are still on my to get list.

Usually I'd wait and buy it off ebay new. There's always a point where it has 30pc off.
But I had a stack of points because I use lego.com so infrequently now as its bad value vs third parties. And it was a birthday present for me.
30-40pc..theres nearly always a point Rrp drops this far.

Last edited:
ox1nF0S.jpg

kF6vUQy.jpg

Himeji Castle and Luke Skywalker’s Landspeeder completed. The Walt Disney Tribute Camera arrived today.

Although there is no room for the Concorde it was ordered a couple of days ago!

ox1nF0S.jpg

kF6vUQy.jpg

Himeji Castle and Luke Skywalker’s Landspeeder completed. The Walt Disney Tribute Camera arrived today.

Although there is no room for the Concorde it was ordered a couple of days ago!

No idea where its gonna go. I have a wall. Slot allocated. But might look naff!

Really like the camera and the castle. But lack of room!

Last edited:
Is it weird that I'm not into the Star Wars universe and yet I keep buying Star Wars sets?

I have most of the helmets, baby Yoda, UCS RC and now I ordered the Scythe ship? What's wrong with me?

Is it weird that I'm not into the Star Wars universe and yet I keep buying Star Wars sets?

I have most of the helmets, baby Yoda, UCS RC and now I ordered the Scythe ship? What's wrong with me?

I'm actually not hugely into star wars but have a lot Of sets. Not bought them for a while as decided the often grey ships. Don't look great on display

Not amused that the lego concorde still hasn't shipped!

Last edited:
I used to have so much Lego as a kid, spent hours building cities, had those square roads sections, built the city up, it used to fill the whole living room floor and every time at the end after I built it all I'd have an earthquake and wreck it all. Oh it was fun.

Ordered Lego Icons - Sants's Visit (10293) from John Lewis in their recent sale and they sent it via Amazon Logistics
Needless to say it arrived in a very thin flimsy box with no packaging at all and was badly beaten up with the box all creased.

They've sent a replacement now via DPD which arrived today. It is in good condition this time but it was still in the most flimsy box you can imagine with no packaging to protect it.
I expected better from John Lewis, I think in future if I order Lego from them I'll have to collect in store which defeats the purpose of ordering online in the first place :(

Even the 2 sets I recently ordered from Zavvi arrived well packaged and protected without a mark on them.

Think I'm done with star wars stuff. Anymore and I'd simply be getting it for sake. Of getting it.

With lack of space I now have to be super selective of sets I get

Finally finished my orchid off over the weekend.

Then quickly built this 251 piece set one of our suppliers was giving away as a promotion.

Bit of a fiddly buid and the top section doesnt really stay on as its quite heavy and ony heald on by a 2 block :eek:

Back
Top Bottom