***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Caporegime
Haven't bought any Lego sets for about 4 years now, but have an urge to build something that would make a good display piece. Looking at the Titanic ( it's expensive, but looks amazing ) and the R2-D2 model. Any recommendations ? For reference, in the past I have built several of the Star Wars UCS models ( X-wing, Slave 1, Snowspeeder, Millenium Falcon, Tie Fighter ) and a whole bunch of Technic models eg. Porsche 911 GT3, Bugatti Chiron, Mercedes Benz Arocs.

Saturn v is my one of my favs as a display piece

Man of Honour
The display case for Titanic is no more. There were too many reflections of the room which spoilt the display and then the case toppled over before the final panel went on ripping off some of the screw holders. We agreed to scrap the case as it looks so much better without a case. A feather duster will be used to kept it clean.

Yesterday I saw this and it was an instant must have.

DCjt8eU.jpg

Arrived this morning and is already being built.

Soldato
I have bought 100s of lego sets in the past, and maybe once or twice I've had a part damaged or missing, but my other half opened up one of the set's I got her earlier this year and it had a whole bag missing. Box was sealed with no signs of it being damaged, its maybe to late to go back to wherever I bought it from or to contact lego about it.
Never to late to try and contact Lego. They may still be able to help you

Soldato
I have bought 100s of lego sets in the past, and maybe once or twice I've had a part damaged or missing, but my other half opened up one of the set's I got her earlier this year and it had a whole bag missing. Box was sealed with no signs of it being damaged, its maybe to late to go back to wherever I bought it from or to contact lego about it.
My mum had this one, contact customer service. They’ll sort it out but you’ll need to identify every missing piece individually as they’ll not have a breakdown as to what’s in the bag. Use the manual and cross reference the parts list in the back.

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah definitely contact Lego, they should sort you out, their replacement service is second to none. And a bag number with a picture of the other bags with the same number so they can work out with a process of elimination which of the group it is would help a lot as well.

Soldato
Yeah definitely contact Lego, they should sort you out, their replacement service is second to none. And a bag number with a picture of the other bags with the same number so they can work out with a process of elimination which of the group it is would help a lot as well.
Going down that route, the manual is pretty handy as it tells you when to change bags so should be simple but laborious.

Soldato
It’s not really ‘early access’ either given the cost of entry is basically your DOB and possibly your gender to create an account. You already have to give your name, email and address to Lego as part of your online order.

Caporegime
It’s not really ‘early access’ either given the cost of entry is basically your DOB and possibly your gender to create an account. You already have to give your name, email and address to Lego as part of your online order.

Yeah just marketing. Still see quite a lot of questions about it.

Anyone know if you can get vip early access in physical shops?

Concorde is released on my birthday.. And lego shop is just in Cardiff.

Soldato
As of yesterday its now the Lego insiders club.

Promotions at the mo with the launch of insiders.

You can scan the QR code on the front of instruction booklets for 20 points per set. Bar poly bags most if not all sets have them.

I've got a mound of instructions which I am working through. £5 of rewards per 40 instructions/sets.

Seems like the QR code isn't unique so you can share across family accounts etc.

Also daily competition on scanning system bricks to win various prizes including some pretty substantial points ones.

VIP/Insiders Early Access is definitely in store too.

Don't forget online and in store are separate entities. In stores will often have lots of hard to find sets and/or stock when on line shows nothing/oos/retired.

Last edited:
Associate
Promotions at the mo with the launch of insiders.

You can scan the QR code on the front of instruction booklets for 20 points per set. Bar poly bags most if not all sets have them.

I've got a mound of instructions which I am working through. £5 of rewards per 40 instructions/sets.

Seems like the QR code isn't unique so you can share across family accounts etc.

Also daily competition on scanning system bricks to win various prizes including some pretty substantial points ones.
I read about that million point prize, that would be rather nice boost to the collection for sure!

Soldato

Pretty sure it’s online only with retail availability on the general release day.

Soldato
Spec me some LEGO:

Got expiring VIP points so I need to buy something with them or buy something that earns them. The catch though is I'm kinda broke - suggestions?

I can get up to £50 in VIP points towards a purchase but personally can't sirens more than about £20 at this time.

Budget LEGO hunt go!

Caporegime
Spec me some LEGO:

Got expiring VIP points so I need to buy something with them or buy something that earns them. The catch though is I'm kinda broke - suggestions?

I can get up to £50 in VIP points towards a purchase but personally can't sirens more than about £20 at this time.

Budget LEGO hunt go!

Insects set is 70 i believe

Back
Top Bottom