***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Caporegime
You underestimate my laziness :p Nah that is something I could do to be fair, do they need to be of a certain strength, from the video I watched it was suggested as such?

If you are displaying it then really it doesn't matter. Presumably you are displaying it x foils extended? Does it even need the bands on if they look terrible? They just snap it shut and keep them shut. Extend them and take them off all together?

Soldato
Nah a couple of loom bands will do it, would look fine in black I think. My sons snapped on his x wing and I did that. I ordered the correct ones from lego and put them away.

If you are displaying it then really it doesn't matter. Presumably you are displaying it x foils extended? Does it even need the bands on if they look terrible? They just snap it shut and keep them shut. Extend them and take them off all together?

Yes it will be displayed with the x foils extended, however I don't like the contrast of the blue with the rest of the model, you would still see them on display (Picky I know).

As Skeeter has said and from the video I watched it does need the bands there to hold them in the extended position. If I can buy black ones then that would be perfect as they would blend better with the model.

Associate
Turned up today. The only Technic I intend to buy until the second half of the year.

*snip*

The Heavy Lift Helicopter is on my wishlist! Let us know when you build it, I'm keen to see if it's worth it :)

Here's my recent haul! Since I'm getting into the modulars I figured I might as well buy the Detective's Office whilst that extra VIP points offer was on. Just so happens the price was right for the other two Technic sets, so I went for 'em too :D

J9T6Rur.jpg

Caporegime
I did look at the video and tbh they are quite bad in blue compared to the older X wing model I have. I would change them to black if it was me too. I certainly wouldn't consider selling because of it though :)

Soldato
Its all a bit of an overreaction to what is just some elastic bands that aren't particularly noticeable.

To you it may seem an overreaction, but the contrast was a little too much for me against the rest of the black and orange model.

If I do end up buying it, I'll just swap them for black ones. Job done.

Caporegime
Built the Vader figure. The torso has some insane amount of pieces and complexity in it, but I can't really figure out why? It's just to get a couple of mounting points and is then all covered up with body panels anyway?

Good figure though, the buildable figure style really works well with people in suits or armour.

Caporegime
The Stormtrooper ones is really good.

I'm going to get Ren an then thats it for me. Cody and Jango are cool, but I don't care enough about them to want them.

Litterally no interest in any of the figures with faces.

Associate
Sounds like there are plans for some Rogue One sets for later in the year. I've got all my fingers crossed for a new Tantive IV. That would be brilliant.

There's a screen shot here that seems to show Slave 1 with a different paint job, with an October release date hint. I'd ignore the rumour on that page. Doesn't seem feasible. Having just finished building Slave 1, any new version would pale into insignificance sat next to the UCS one.

Soldato
There's a screen shot here that seems to show Slave 1 with a different paint job, with an October release date hint. I'd ignore the rumour on that page. Doesn't seem feasible. Having just finished building Slave 1, any new version would pale into insignificance sat next to the UCS one.

I'm inclined to agree, though we have had a fair few X-wings and Tie fighters released recently, however, I'd doubt it would be another Slave 1.

I'm hoping for more new ship designs in the new films as I don't really want remakes of older models like the AT-AT. Its one thing we have the prequel trilogy to thank for really is that they provided for some wonderful ships.

That being said....come on Tantive IV!!!! It would be in line with the Rogue One storyline....and previous versions are mega £££ second hand.

Associate
I'm inclined to agree, though we have had a fair few X-wings and Tie fighters released recently, however, I'd doubt it would be another Slave 1.

I'm hoping for more new ship designs in the new films as I don't really want remakes of older models like the AT-AT. Its one thing we have the prequel trilogy to thank for really is that they provided for some wonderful ships.

That being said....come on Tantive IV!!!! It would be in line with the Rogue One storyline....and previous versions are mega £££ second hand.

Slave 1 in the new film would mean a model at some point, but I'm still expecting (or wishing) to see it in episodes VIII or IX.

Will be interesting to see what ships we see in Rogue One, with the crossover from III to IV I expect to see more of the ships from IV. So Tantive would be a no-brainer in my opinion.

Soldato
Death star final duel, carbon freezing chamber, hoth attack mixed and endor rebel trooper & imperial trooper with speeder bike all ordered to go with my classic tie fighter and x-wing. Hoping they're as fun to build, look as good and gain the same kind of value! Might order the latest droid escape at some point as well.

Caporegime
Death star final duel, carbon freezing chamber, hoth attack mixed and endor rebel trooper & imperial trooper with speeder bike all ordered to go with my classic tie fighter and x-wing. Hoping they're as fun to build, look as good and gain the same kind of value! Might order the latest droid escape at some point as well.

I want those sets but the £20 ones seem to dive in price fairly quickly so I held off on them. The last escape pod was the same got it for about half the rrp. Like reys speeder thing, £6 off that in a matter of weeks. If the droid escape hit's £10 like the last one I will buy a job lot for a jawa army!

Back
Top Bottom