**** The Official OnePlus 5 Thread ****

Soldato
They make so many mock ups that's you don't know what it'll look like till close to release.

I'll probably be moving to a Pixel 3 anyhow unless oneplus have a mega camera upgrade this year.

Soldato
Will be keeping the 5T if they go with the Apple notch and glass back.

https://www.androidcentral.com/oneplus-6

it just looks all wrong. Apple had the notch because their phone was all display (no bezels).....this isn't. Theres a bezel at the bottom!!

all they need to do is take the 5T, stick the latest cpu in it and a GOOD camera and call it a day.....yeah it's more like a 5Ts but I think many people would be really happy with that.

Soldato
The OP6 will have the notch for sure.

All previous OP phones have followed the design language of OP's parent company Oppo.

Oppo R15 teaser shows a notch at the top of the phone.

Soldato
The OP6 will have the notch for sure.

All previous OP phones have followed the design language of OP's parent company Oppo.

Oppo R15 teaser shows a notch at the top of the phone.

If it's ALL screen, fair enough.

The photos show all screen, however the oppo advert shows a thick bottom bezel. There is no excuse for the notch. The notch exists BECAUSE you decide to have an ALL screen display.

Soldato
Android 8.1 is in open beta for the 5 and 5t now. Few new control gestures a la iPhone X.

Haven't read into the reviews so don't know if the camera has had any more improvements. Would hope that would come with Android P and the dual Camera API though.

Soldato
This phone still defends itself as the Android speedtest champ vs the Exynos based Galaxy S9 which is meant to have much more grunt over the SD835.

https://youtu.be/HoR_C57OZS8

This was also reflected in my experience with the phone, my OP5 still felt that bit faster and more fluid.

When I saw that video the other day I was very pleasantly surprised how well the OP5T performed against the S9.

You'd think with the latest Exynos processor the S9 would crush the OP5 but that isn't the case.

OnePlus have optimised their Oxygen OS really well and Samsung despite them trimming the fat down their software will always be slow no matter what hardware they use to power their phones.

I'd take the OP5 over the S9 everytime. I rather have a fast and fluid and stock like experience over everything and the kitchen sink and an annoying curved screen that Samsung insists on using in their devices.

Kudos to OnePlus

Soldato
My single biggest issue with the 5T or any other oneplus phone is the lack of monthly security patches.

Surely with it being "close to" stock it should be massively simpler to validate security patches against it compared to the Samsung S range.

Back
Top Bottom