**** The Official OnePlus 6 Thread ****

Soldato
It's official!
op6_zpspjsnnhlf.jpg

Screen6.2-inch, 2280 x 1080, Optic AMOLED
CPUSnapdragon 845
RAM6/8GB
Storage64/128/256GB UFS 2.1
Rear cameraMain 16-megapixel Sony sensor f/1.7; 20-megapixel secondary sensor. Portrait mode. 480fps 720p slo-mo for a minute. 19% bigger pixels in the main sensor over the 5T
Front camera16-megapixel sensor with portrait mode
Battery3300mAh, USB-C, Dash Charge – 30-minute for a day of use, no Qi charging
OSAndroid Oreo 8.1 with Oxygen OS skin
FeaturesDual-SIM, 1.2Gbps download speeds, headphone jack

Pricing:
£469 for 6GB/64GB
£519 for 8GB/128GB
£569 for 8GB/256GB

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't mind the notch enough for it to be a deal breaker. However the camera must improve dramatically in both post processing and low light performance. Other than that my OP5 was close enough to being perfect.

Soldato
I'll wait for the OP6T and no doubt the different colours that are relased subsequently.

Am really enjoying using the OP5T at the moment.

Soldato
Notch and chin.....disgusting and pointless.....utterly and competely pointless

Hell, just go full 'tard and remove the headphone jack along with bluetooth

Soldato
OP
Their reason for including the notch is
What you are essentially doing is moving the entire notification bar up, giving users more content on their screen.

And this is something I've said before when people moan about the notch; you get a bit more screen with it there. I just don't get the big deal about it.

Soldato
Their reason for including the notch is

And this is something I've said before when people moan about the notch; you get a bit more screen with it there. I just don't get the big deal about it.

The original reason for having the notch was for housing the camera and speaker with a bezel less display. This doesn't have a bezel less display though.

Soldato
For me the V30/S9 (bar curved screen) design is just right. Just go small bezels as poss with no notch and keep symmetry. The notch is just an eyesore.

Soldato
Yeah, 'fans'... :p:rolleyes:

If they don't want a phone with an extra bit of screen where it would otherwise be a black bezel, they don't have to buy it!!!

Age of the entitled internet, bring on the notch I say. If my clock/notifications can slip into an area that gives me more screen space then I'm all for it.

Tbh I'm more concerned about the fact that there'll probably not be a front fingerprint sensor, I like my 3t with its front sensor. Although if face unlock is decent it shouldn't be an issue. Not a deal breaker, but I'll probably still want for the 6T if I upgrade :D

Soldato
No phone has a bezel-less display. Even the iPhone X has pretty thick bezels. I'll take a notch if it means I get more screen real estate.

Yes, but the bezels are almost non existent. It just looks very wrong to me.

Now...IF, and it's a big IF, the chin is half the size of the 5T then I could be interested. Sticking it in a sensible case (one of those which actually covers all four sides rather than the silly half attempts) it may make it less noticable.

Hopefully the 6 will have an upgraded camera and wireless charging. That would be a decent upgrade for 5 and 5T owners.

Last edited:
Soldato
Personally I don't mind a notch. It's curved displays that I really find impracticable and I'd rather take a notch over a curved display any day.

I wonder if there will be a 6T....OnePlus track record says that almost certainly appear.

Soldato
Personally I don't mind a notch. It's curved displays that I really find impracticable and I'd rather take a notch over a curved display any day.

I wonder if there will be a 6T....OnePlus track record says that almost certainly appear.

oh god I would. Had the s8 for an hour before packing it up and returning it. How anyone types on the thing is beyond me, and watching videos was a joke.

Back
Top Bottom