**** The Official OnePlus 6T Thread ****

Soldato
Now that the OP6T is officially available. Thoughts and comments in this thread.....

Specs

Android 9 Pie with OxygenOS
6.41in OLED, 19.5:9, 2340 x 1080, 402ppi
In-screen fingerprint sensor with biometric support
Qualcomm Snapdragon 845
6/8GB RAM
128/256GB storage
16Mp and 20Mp rear cameras, f/1.7, support for 4K video at 60fps
16Mp front camera, f/2.0
Bluetooth 5.0
4G LTE
Dual nano-SIM
GPS
NFC
3700mAh battery
157.5 x 74.8 x 8.2mm
185g

8Au1Mgol.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Just finished setting mine up.
Initial impressions -

I don't like the case it comes with as the lips rise up quite a lot compared to the one my Huawei Mate 10 Pro came with. However, it's a free case which is more than most phones come with.

It has downloaded and installed all 209 apps that I use way faster than the Mate 10 Pro did. I remember that took ages but the Oneplus has done the lot within 40 mins or so.

The screen brightness is probably on a par with the Huawei, maybe a tad brighter, I'm not sure.

A surprising one - the speaker. I've played a track using Spotify on both phones, switching between the two accordingly. Not only is the Oneplus louder but I can also hear more instruments in the track itself.

Soldato
Now that the OP6T is officially available. Thoughts and comments in this thread.....

Specs

Android 9 Pie with OxygenOS
6.41in OLED, 19.5:9, 2340 x 1080, 402ppi
In-screen fingerprint sensor with biometric support
Qualcomm Snapdragon 845
6/8GB RAM
128/256GB storage
16Mp and 20Mp rear cameras, f/1.7, support for 4K video at 60fps
16Mp front camera, f/2.0
Bluetooth 5.0
4G LTE
Dual nano-SIM
GPS
NFC
3700mAh battery
157.5 x 74.8 x 8.2mm
185g

BDUClCal.jpg.png

Excellent. Now having a dedicated 6t thread..can I be picky and say its the wrong front image for it. Notch is the drop shape isnt it.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Picked up mine today.. feels sooo good holding it in my hand, love the body materials.

Will switch it on and have a proper play when I get home from work tonight.

Soldato
My point is, other than price, there's no longer anything the OnePlus 6T offers over, say, a pixel.
I can't wholeheartedly comment as my 6T won't arrive until tomorrow but reasons I am moving FROM Pixel include bigger screen (and in the brief period I got to play with it in O2 I'd say better screen), a better gesture system for UI navigation, larger storage and most importantly more RAM.

Soldato
My point is, other than price, there's no longer anything the OnePlus 6T offers over, say, a pixel.
I switched from the 5T to a Pixel 2XL early in the year just before the 6 was released(so i could maximise what i got for the 5T). Really the primary reason i switched was because the photos i took at a family members birthday party were absolutely garbage. Still using the Pixel but i have found i missed a lot of the tweaks Oneplus add like the 3 finger screenshot and certainly miss the mute switch. Seems such a faff since Pie was released with the volume controls on the Pixel.

Still on the fence really as to if i switch back or now wait it out for the 7. I'd like to think they'll have to improve the camera more so with the next phone and might tempt me to switch back.

Soldato
Had a good play with mine. It's a very nice device and I love it from initial testing and setting up. Only con compared to my pixel 2xl is camera. Not as good or close to pixel in anything but good conditions. The in display scanner is surprisingly fast and has no issues registering my print 9 out if 10 times. Most of the time the face unlock takes over.

Soldato
I can't wholeheartedly comment as my 6T won't arrive until tomorrow but reasons I am moving FROM Pixel include bigger screen (and in the brief period I got to play with it in O2 I'd say better screen), a better gesture system for UI navigation, larger storage and most importantly more RAM.

I owned a OnePlus 5, and went from that to a Pixel 2 XL. I've found the Pixel more consistent performance wise, even if it does have to reload apps more often.

That was until recently, anyway - it's started to slow down suddenly quite a bit

Soldato
I've just put the Google Camera apk onto mine and it does take a better picture on night mode although I'll try some more at work tomorrow.

The fingerprint reader is hit and miss despite registering my thumb as two separate fingers. Sure I'll get used to it.

Back
Top Bottom