**** The Official OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
Any info yet?

Just a supposed render of it: https://www.gsmarena.com/alleged_on..._cam_wireless_charging_rumored-news-39475.php
G3XxVvT.jpg

Some people are guessing it'll have wireless charging but that's purely speculation based on other OEMs coming out with fast wireless charging.

And I found another bug on the 7T Pro, I use a multi USB Anker charger by the bedside with USB-PD support. It charged completely fine last night, but after using it for a bit before plugging it back in to charge while I prepare for work, it refused to charge. On the normal USB ports it worked fine. Rebooted the phone and the USB-PD charging started working again. It's the same issue that affected the 7/7 Pro with the 10 beta (not sure on stable) so hopefully that'll get fixed.

Soldato
That latest update still hasn't fixed the VOIP and volte issue, amongst others.

I don't think I will be getting a OP phone again they never seem to have a rock solid product I feel like it's constantly at Beta.
At this rate I will have my next phone and the 7 Pro will still have issues.

Associate
So... the OnePlus 7T has my attention.

I've had a Pixel 2 XL for the last 2 years. I wish I could say it's been a great phone, but if it was, I would have been itching to give Google some more money for a Pixel 4 tomorrow...

I was all set to get an iPhone 11 Pro. However, I wont lie, that price is still hard to stomach (£1200 for the model where you wont be stressing about storage!)... I can a

However, now I see that the OnePlus 7T is only £550, and has features that even the Pixel 4 doesn't have. I have a £50 voucher for John Lewis too who also sell the OnePlus phones...

I was worried about the camera, but to be fair, I've looked at some samples, and it seems fine to me.

128Gb UFS 3.0 storage, 8Gb RAM, triple lens camera, Snapdragon 855+, 90 Hz screen. Very very compelling overall; only a few things bother me: No wireless charging - not a big deal with the fast charging capabilities and for the price. Second, the screen is a BIT on the large side, but that's just the way phones seem to be going these days (and why I wanted the iPhone Pro and not Pro Max). Third - that in screen finger print reader, very mixed reports. Finally, it's still Android - hear me out - my Pixel 2 has felt like it's been on BETA software for the last 2 years, I don't know if I can stomach that again... but then OOS is supposedly the best version of Android so....

Has anyone moved from a Pixel to a OnePlus, and just generally if anyone has any thoughts on my concerns I'd be happy to hear them... most people seem reasonably happy from reading a few pages on this thread. My only experience of a OnePlus device was the hideously buggy OnePlus One which I will forgive them for on the basis it was their first ever device and was only £250.

Soldato
So... the OnePlus 7T has my attention.

I've had a Pixel 2 XL for the last 2 years. I wish I could say it's been a great phone, but if it was, I would have been itching to give Google some more money for a Pixel 4 tomorrow...

I was all set to get an iPhone 11 Pro. However, I wont lie, that price is still hard to stomach (£1200 for the model where you wont be stressing about storage!)... I can a

However, now I see that the OnePlus 7T is only £550, and has features that even the Pixel 4 doesn't have. I have a £50 voucher for John Lewis too who also sell the OnePlus phones...

I was worried about the camera, but to be fair, I've looked at some samples, and it seems fine to me.

128Gb UFS 3.0 storage, 8Gb RAM, triple lens camera, Snapdragon 855+, 90 Hz screen. Very very compelling overall; only a few things bother me: No wireless charging - not a big deal with the fast charging capabilities and for the price. Second, the screen is a BIT on the large side, but that's just the way phones seem to be going these days (and why I wanted the iPhone Pro and not Pro Max). Third - that in screen finger print reader, very mixed reports. Finally, it's still Android - hear me out - my Pixel 2 has felt like it's been on BETA software for the last 2 years, I don't know if I can stomach that again... but then OOS is supposedly the best version of Android so....

Has anyone moved from a Pixel to a OnePlus, and just generally if anyone has any thoughts on my concerns I'd be happy to hear them... most people seem reasonably happy from reading a few pages on this thread. My only experience of a OnePlus device was the hideously buggy OnePlus One which I will forgive them for on the basis it was their first ever device and was only £250.

I moved from 2xl to 6T then back to 2xl

reasons:

6t camera just couldn't compete
software while snappier etc had random bugs, like waze never wanting to catch GPS but google maps working instantly
battery life went from very good to rubbish quickly - pixel is no better in that sense
in screen sensor - rubbish, faceunlock fast but not secure.

I am tempted by 7t my self, pixel is pretty much dead now but camera is still great.

software wise, I had bugs at first on pixel now it is pretty much sorted, aka I have nothing that bothers me.

Oxigen OS has been great bar some apps behaving in a funny way, some of them were very important for me(waze) so I went back to pixel because OOS just never had it fixed - may have been a phone issue? not sure.

Soldato
I went from 2XL to 6T and I thought it was a great step up. The only 'downgrade' for me was the speaker setup, which I didn't think was great on the 6T. The camera was average at best but I don't use Mobile phone cameras much so that didn't bug me that much.
I then took a notion and changed from 6T to Samsung S10e, exactly why I don't know :p. I decided I'd like to try something smaller and with wireless charging. However now the big screen envy is coming round again so I've just ordered a 7 Pro so back to OnePlus I go! I'll give it a go for a while but I'm not sure how I'll like the curved screen. Although from what I see the curves, although 'bigger', are actually not as sharp or pronounced as the likes of Samsung's so I may take to it ok. I think I will miss the wireless charging although I will be getting significantly better battery life with the 7 Pro over the S10e so wireless charging certainly isn't a necessity.

Soldato

Using the 7T Pro but it shares a lot with the 7T. Although I didn't come from a Pixel, I did use a Nexus 6P a few years ago.

Granted camera is not Pixel level but it does a pretty good job. There's also GCam which helps a fair bit with photo quality. And it's already a huge improvement over my previous XZP. I hardly use the front camera but a quick poke around it does seem decent.

Size wise when I got the XZP I compared it with a friend's 2XL, and was hardly any different (XZP: 156 x 77 x 7.9 mm, 2XL: 157.9 x 76.7 x 7.9 mm). The 7T Pro I actually find more comfortable to hold since it's a little less wider, and when I was in the pop up event last weekend, the normal 7T is less wider than that. Most of the extra screen space went into the length so it'll be a tad taller but if you're fine with the 2XL, you'll be fine with the 7T.

No issues with the in screen FP sensor on my side, the first few unlocks were a bit hit and miss but the more you use it, it trains the sensor, so it pretty much unlocks every time now.

I was a bit worried moving back to OP, as like you, I had issues with a previous OP device as well (OP2 was the first phone with OxygenOS, and it was extremely buggy. Dumped after a few months for the 6P). But while there are some little niggles with OxygenOS on the 7T/7T Pro, it's not been negatively affecting my daily usage so for. Overall I'm enjoying it.

I did want to jump to a wireless charging phone as well, but I'm not too fussed with it. Battery life has been good so far but it's still early days to tell. I'll be going on holiday next week so that will give me a better picture overall on how this phone performs.

Soldato
I was all set to get the new OnePlus 7T McLaren Edition, mainly to replace my iPhone 7 for something with a better camera. Thinking it through it seemed more sensible to keep my iPhone and get a dedicated pocket camera with wireless connectivity.

So I've binned the OnePlus phone idea and ordered a Canon G7X MKII. It's a 4 year old camera but still blows away any mobile camera for video & stills and is small enough to carry around all the time.

Soldato
Three is horrible, I switched to ee never looked back, the phone sometimes actively switches between WiFi and cellular, I'd test with EE sim
Ah man. I can't test with an EE sim because my EE sim is now deactivated. I'm currently 12 days since my contract was activated, so will need to move really soon if I want to return it. Are there any other networks to avoid? Giffgaff is looking most competitive SIM only.

Associate
I was all set to get the new OnePlus 7T McLaren Edition, mainly to replace my iPhone 7 for something with a better camera. Thinking it through it seemed more sensible to keep my iPhone and get a dedicated pocket camera with wireless connectivity.

So I've binned the OnePlus phone idea and ordered a Canon G7X MKII. It's a 4 year old camera but still blows away any mobile camera for video & stills and is small enough to carry around all the time.

Interesting post - I have also been pondering that approach too. My photo taking seems to fall into 3 categories: 1. Throw away photos for work - i.e. quicker than making notes. 2. General day to day snapping - nights outs with friends or the mrs, or just random photos taken at random points on a random day. 3. More serious photography - i.e. holidays and special occasions.

When I actually think about it, any decent camera phone could fulfill the first 2 easily. The last one, I wouldn't really mind having a seperate camera with me in any event. And for the price of a phone these days you can probably get a cheaper one and an excellent separate camera.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

7 Pro vs 7T Pro, what are the differences then really? 855 vs 855+ processor, more ram, different colour options.

Are those the only improvements?

Soldato
Interesting post - I have also been pondering that approach too. My photo taking seems to fall into 3 categories: 1. Throw away photos for work - i.e. quicker than making notes. 2. General day to day snapping - nights outs with friends or the mrs, or just random photos taken at random points on a random day. 3. More serious photography - i.e. holidays and special occasions.

Exactly the same for me but adding.... 4)Video my son playing football.
Currently using my iPhone which works well with stabilised 1080p @ 60fps footage etc.. but it lacks zoom and the quality could be better.

The Canon G7X weighs 250g and is smaller than current large mobile devices so isn't a big pull on pockets.

Soldato
7 Pro vs 7T Pro, what are the differences then really? 855 vs 855+ processor, more ram, different colour options.

Are those the only improvements?
A slightly larger battery, some software improvements, a macro photo mode, the default camera outputs are slightly less saturated.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

A slightly larger battery, some software improvements, a macro photo mode, the default camera outputs are slightly less saturated.

Ah thank you!

Excited to see what they'll d for the OP 8 Pro

Associate
Exactly the same for me but adding.... 4)Video my son playing football.
Currently using my iPhone which works well with stabilised 1080p @ 60fps footage etc.. but it lacks zoom and the quality could be better.

The Canon G7X weighs 250g and is smaller than current large mobile devices so isn't a big pull on pockets.

I'm starting to wonder whether I shouldn't just get an iPhone XR or 11 from work for free, save my money and pick up a camera like that. It would still set me back way less than a good camera phone like a Pixel or iPhone Pro and produce better results. Sure I probably won't have it on me at all times but that's not a great loss in all honesty.

Soldato
Ah man. I can't test with an EE sim because my EE sim is now deactivated. I'm currently 12 days since my contract was activated, so will need to move really soon if I want to return it. Are there any other networks to avoid? Giffgaff is looking most competitive SIM only.

I would consider BT ( owns EE ) EE, or Vodafone(10mb+ plans)

Avoid three - o2 is okayish( subject to area) i currently get 185mb~ on EE, with three in Edinburgh/Birmingham i was getting horrible speeds/lag, i thought my phone was faulty as well :)

Back
Top Bottom