**** The Official OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
Not sure I can live with "only" 128GB of storage on the 7T - just checked my G7 and I'm currently using 96GB of my 128GB SD card with photo's and video's etc so I'd have to make my peace with them not being accessible offline!

On the other hand I don't like the curved edges on the Pro version!

Soldato
Same dilemma here!
Hate the curve. How does screen protectors work on it?

My experience of screen protectors is that you have to put up with plastic rather than tempered glass, which in my opinion takes away from the feel!

Things could have moved on since I last tried one though!

I have a really good tempered glass one on my 7 Pro. Only cost £10 and I've had zero issues with it.

Soldato
I just noticed something weird with Google Assistant, for some reason it's unable to turn on/off Wi-Fi. It can turn off bluetooth but it can't turn it back on. Does anyone else have the same issue?

My IFTTT command which I use for my GHM to turn on the phone's Wi-Fi works... so I guess I'll use that command for now as a work around.

Last edited:
Associate
After seeing the pixel 4 pricing and storage, glad to say I'm going with OnePlus. Still deciding on pro or not.
How's the curve glare? Is it annoying?

Soldato
OnePlus taking orders for the 7t/7t Pro on their site with 24hr dispatch.
I have a couple of questions. Has anyone ordered direct from OP before? I pre-ordered by 6t from Amazon however I have a Student Beans code so should hopefully get the 5% bringing the 7t pro down to £665 - cheaper than Pixel 4!:D
I see they say there's a free 15 day return period, is this no questions asked? Assuming of course you haven't absolutely destroyed the packaging and damaged the phone? I am just a little wary about the curved screen. I know if I'll like it or not straight away so it would be nice to have the reassurance of a hassle free return.
Lastly, and related to my first point, is the student beans thing easy enough to use? I see they say it's non-transferrable etc but is that just in relation to your OnePlus account? I ask because it's my brother who is actually the student so do I need to register a OP account in his name or can I just use his code?

EDIT: Nope ignore that first line. I was in the 7 Pro part of the site by accident!

Last edited:
Soldato
Preordered a 7T via Amazon as I had quite a sizeable gift certificate which took a decent chunk off the price.

Free Prime delivery made it a no brainer as well.

Can't wait to get back to Oxygen OS

Last edited:
Soldato
Preordered a 7T via Amazon as I had quite a sizeable gift certificate which took a decent chunk out of the price.

Free Prime delivery made it a no brainer as well.

Can't wait to get back to Oxygen OS
What are you currently on?
Also you should see my thread over on general discussion about Amazon and their 'Prime' delivery. I ordered a 7 Pro from their warehouse as a taster to see if I might like the 7t Pro. Then on the dispatch email I am told Hermes are delivering it. It was dispatched on Sunday and it's currently in their Rochester facility...

Associate
Re the curve, you do get used to it, but I used to have a Samsung S7E and I definitely don't miss that curve. It makes handling the phone tricky what with false touches and stuff. Not so much a problem in a case but still, I wasn't a fan of it.

7T is a no brainer for me over the Pro if I went for a OnePlus. The notch is absolutely tiny, 128Gb is more than enough for me and otherwise there's barely any difference at all but you save £150!

Back
Top Bottom