**** The Official OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
Using Nova here on a OP7 Pro, no issue with functionalities, smoothness or battery. I really love their folder options and being able to change icons individually so it would take something serious for me to go back to stock.
Have you upgraded to Android 10 and are you using gestures? I've found (and I've read on other forums) that when you swipe home the transition is really choppy and sometimes the app will disappear then flash up on the screen momentarily again. The swipe left and right at the bottom gesture doesn't work either.

Associate
Have you upgraded to Android 10 and are you using gestures? I've found (and I've read on other forums) that when you swipe home the transition is really choppy and sometimes the app will disappear then flash up on the screen momentarily again. The swipe left and right at the bottom gesture doesn't work either.
I'm on android 10 and using gestures (the ones with the long white bar at the bottom). When I swipe home the transition isn't choppy and I haven't experienced apps disappearing then flashing back up. The swipe left and right to change app works without any issue and the swipe left and right to go back works as well, maybe I've been lucky. The one issue I have is with YouTube Premium, when I go home while playing a video I can still hear the sound but I'm not getting Picture in Picture. I've read that this is an Android 10 issue, not Nova, so I'm expecting this to be fixed eventually. I found an easy, if annoying workaround for now.

Soldato
£37 for a case - WOW!
Bonkers thats Apple levels of rip off.You can get them for 1/10 of the price on aliexpress.

I agree, price is TGH!

But please find me a genuine Karbon bumper case for the 7t Pro for 1/10 of the cost. Il buy a few more

The handset is so new there are no decent cases out for it. And no the OP7Pro cases don't fit due to the new focus sensor that the 7t Pro has.

Oh and I never said I paid that lol. Used student beans discount so essentially got the case for free.

Although had a think over night and may be tempted to return the 7t Pro and import a 7 Pro and save some money. I don't think the 7t Pro is worth the extra they are selling them at

Soldato
Second one is gcam, the cloth tarpaulin thing seems like it's sharper...? And the triangle shed roof at the back, and the bench in the foreground
Intact the more i look the more sharp the whole image is

Can't argue with this tbh - but while the image does appear sharper, don't you mind the trade-off's? (battery, restart to switch lenses, no slow-mo etc)

Not trying to be awkward, I'm genuinely wondering whether it's worth switching to!

I've found the stock camera on my 7T to be great....except in low light!

Associate
First quick look I couldn't tell them apart but as soon as I started looking closely it became very obvious although it also took a little bit of zooming tbh. It just looks much sharper overall although not enough to make me want to switch to a Pixel 4 or use Gcam with trade-offs.

Soldato
Can't argue with this tbh - but while the image does appear sharper, don't you mind the trade-off's? (battery, restart to switch lenses, no slow-mo etc)

Not trying to be awkward, I'm genuinely wondering whether it's worth switching to!

I've found the stock camera on my 7T to be great....except in low light!
Ahh i see what you mean, just tried to do slow mo and it closed... Didn't realise as haven't used it properly yet

Just looked and I can choose between the 2 so guess I'll use one for photos and the stock one for the other bits

Last edited:
Soldato
There's no doubt there is a visible difference between the two photos but you need to pixel peep to see it - and that's on my 34 inch monitor. On my phone the difference is even less apparent.
That said if you had uploaded the OnePlus photo in isolation I bet no one would have batted an eyelid and agree it's a perfectly acceptable picture.
Also, it might just be me but the GCam one actually seems to have a little more distortion towards the upper left portion. If that's the case then the stock app must have better profile correction built in.

Soldato
There's no doubt there is a visible difference between the two photos but you need to pixel peep to see it - and that's on my 34 inch monitor.

I personally disagree. On my 34" monitor I could see within seconds, before I even scrolled down past the window in the side of the house in fact, that the second image was crisper. The first image is pretty bad IMO.

Associate
I was looking at these on my phone and they looked pretty similar at first glance (just at first glance), checked now on my PC and they do look very different. I guess it all boils down to what people usually take pictures for and how they share them.

Back
Top Bottom