The Official Pizza Discussion thread (was: Cooking Neapolitan Pizzas with the Uuni 3)

Soldato
Wrong. Nduja is!

I picked up 5 tubs of the stuff Lidl had recently on their italian week for 50% off! Think £1.25 per pot!

Lidl sell it?!!!? i had to go all the way over to waitrose as i'd tried Aldi, Sainsburys and Tesco with no joy. Is it fresh or jars?

Also, there is plenty of nduja under the salami in that one above :D

Soldato
Jalapeño chilli jam is my new favourite addition, nice little sweet kick to it.
Sounds good, reminds me I need to try chilli honey.

I made some nice pizza/breads the other day, just mozzarella, salt and some fresh rosemary drizzled with butter.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nduja is nice but I think it's just the in thing at the minute. I'd rather have anchovies.

"in thing at the minute"

I've been eating nduja on pizzas for the last 10 years or so, hardly new...

I made some nice pizza/breads the other day, just mozzarella, salt and some fresh rosemary drizzled with butter.

good one is rosemary on garlic and mozzarella pizza, really adds some impact, so basically just add some garlic to yours :D

honey and nduja work very well together actually, on a piece of sourdough toast - though no reason it wouldn't work on pizza too!

Jalapeño chilli jam is my new favourite addition, nice little sweet kick to it.
Jalapenos generally are great on pizzas, and ESPECIALLY in calzones. Need to have a go at a calzone in the Koda 16...

Permabanned
I tried some Jus-rol sour dough pizza base last night as had some impromptu kids over. Was actually pretty good.

Took it out the fridge an hour before, reshaped into a balls, left it for an hour, easy to shape and cooked just like home made really. :)

Wouldnt use them often as too expensive but in a pinch they are good.

Associate
Anyone here use the gluten free flour from caputo?
I've made several pizzas now and unsure where i'm going wrong.
I follow the instructions and i've followed some youtube for troubleshooting my crust.

Basically, my pizza crust is coming out undercooked and chewy. It's dense throughout, except on the very edges where i've made the crust large.
My Koda 12 heats the stone up to 450C and the pizzas cook well on top, but I always end up with dense dough.

https://www.goodforyouglutenfree.com/caputo-gluten-free-flour-pizza/
This is what I followed today, but ended up with another dense pizza, slightly gooey base after cooking.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm getting tired of eating non-fluffy pizzas.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom