The Official Pizza Discussion thread (was: Cooking Neapolitan Pizzas with the Uuni 3)

Associate
Couldn't help myself and got the Gozney pizza cutter before the sale ended last night. Just need to brave the weather and get outside! Get out a few pizzas over the holidays and perhaps some wings or fish to vary it up. Better to get the burnt ones out the way before invite anyone over.

Caporegime
Well I'm really starting to pine after pizza again after what has felt like a very long and ****** winter, and in preparation I've ordered and just put together this wooden BBQ / "pizza table" (worktop really) from Etsy for £200.

0jlvsZhh.jpeg

Might oil and / or stain it in the summer. Fits my Koda 16 nicely. Hoping it lasts better than the various "stainless steel" efforts I've tried.

Last edited:
Associate
I had great success with pizza base dough by leaving it the fridge for 24 hours and then bringing it out to room temp and letting it rise before prepping the bases. I experimented with both 00 and strong white Canadian flour and there wasn't that much difference between them (apart from the price). The key points for me was a really hot oven and stone and enlarging the pizza base using gravity/being delicate so has not to damage the internal structure/adaptation of the resting phases. Also going really easy on the toppings and using semolina in the final stages of paddling up into the oven. Made about 1.5 kilos of dough...was like something out of Scarface movie as we frantically knocked out quite a few pizzas quick-time with difference toppings. Hot prepped oven/stone, Long rest for dough was the main thing.

Soldato
I will grab this thank you. Whilst ordering what is decent from Caputo to do say NY / Sicilian / Detroit style? I assume with it being done slower and longer the red might be better?
You want a higher protein content for NY/Detroit style. So red Caputo or Green Dallagiovanna Pizza Flour 00

Associate
Anyone with much experience of cooking more than pizzas in these ovens? I really want one but think I'd need to use it for more to justify proce / space / time. Thinking chickens / roasts / fish / veg etc. Assume the temp is controllable enough for this? Cheers :)

Soldato
Anyone with much experience of cooking more than pizzas in these ovens? I really want one but think I'd need to use it for more to justify proce / space / time. Thinking chickens / roasts / fish / veg etc. Assume the temp is controllable enough for this? Cheers :)
I do in my wood oven. Usually have Pizzas one day and then using the residual heat for a roast or bread etc the next day.

Soldato
yeah just bread flower, 60% water and quite a bit of yeast so it’s ready in an hour or so
If you do it regularly then make a bit extra that you can use as a starter.. Saves having to use so much yeast and you'll get a better flavour. You can always batch make and freeze too.....If you must..lol

Associate
If you do it regularly then make a bit extra that you can use as a starter.. Saves having to use so much yeast and you'll get a better flavour. You can always batch make and freeze too.....If you must..lol

I'm starting to so will defo look into doing that!

Back
Top Bottom