The Official Pizza Discussion thread (was: Cooking Neapolitan Pizzas with the Uuni 3)

According to leopard crust individual 2-cup capacity / 16oz containers work well and allow you the flexibility of using dough balls across a few days.
She mentions 270g for her recipe and description says 16 ounce / 475 ml / 2 cup capacity so I reckon 250g - 350g possible allowing 12 - 14" dough.
I been on the hunt and these are the best I can find at the moment as keep puck shape and can freeze or stack fridge.

Man, i think if the Gozney Arc was released 6 months ago it'd be in my garden right now. I really wanted the Dome but couldn't justify the cost. In the end i went with the Solo Stove Prime and whilst it's decent enough, the look of the Gozneys are a step up!

Looking at their accessories. The Dough Tray looks great. I always stick them on a metal baking tray with either cling film or uncovered. What i find is that uncovered causes some dough to dry out and goes rock hard, or with cling film they expand more and end up finding a way out and then when exposed to the air they dry out and a bit goes rock hard.

Probably completely unnecessary but look cool

I think I may have posted it in here or another thread, but I won a Dome in one of those online raffle things with all of the accessories.

I've been after one too. I see Solo Stove do their own, but it's like €100 which seems excessive. Although versatile with the 2 sided design

This looks great and something I will consider as covers most basis and the separate handles. Igneus also did a 3 pan set but was more and different sizes.

The Arc XL has plenty of space for a larger pan but looking for versatility that can also use with my Weber and even indoors.

This was their pan set but not sure if should just get something larger but then need to consider one without a handle as easier to move around in the pizza oven.

Solo one has variation for dish types.

Veg, fish and chicken and lamb chops or koftas at the most.

Compatible with electric, induction, gas, ceramic, and halogen hobs, plus ovens up to 220°C.
The pizza oven would destroy them at high heat.

Lodge and those above by Igneus and Solo I believe allow up-to 650f circa 340c

Last edited:
Compatible with electric, induction, gas, ceramic, and halogen hobs, plus ovens up to 220°C.
The pizza oven would destroy them at high heat.

Lodge and those above by Igneus and Solo I believe allow up-to 650f circa 340c
That will be because they are pre-seasoned. Cast iron will be fine at high temps. The seasoning that they use will prob come off over 220c.

Enamelled cast iron is my favourite

Last edited:
That will be because they are pre-seasoned. Cast iron will be fine at high temps. The seasoning that they use will prob come off over 220c.

Enamelled cast iron is my favourite

Can enamelled cast iron go in at high temperatures in a pizza oven? I thought the enamel might cause issues? I maybe wrong.
I think that Solo one still offers a bit of everything and could use on my BBQ also. A bit of an investment so want to make right choice.

Can enamelled cast iron go in at high temperatures in a pizza oven? I thought the enamel might cause issues? I maybe wrong.
I think that Solo one still offers a bit of everything and could use on my BBQ also. A bit of an investment so want to make right choice.
My le creuset square griddle is still going strong and it’s been in my Ooni a few times. I’ve also got a Weber ‘gourmet system’ round porcelain-enamelled flat griddle that I use over a wok burner which takes a lot of heat.
So far, so good, nothing has chipped or cracked. I may have some weird sort of cancer from the fumes or something lol but ultimately it probably depends on the type of enamel.

This https://www.lecreuset.co.uk/en_GB/p/cast-iron-rectangular-grill/CI0202.html
And this https://www.weber.com/GB/en/accessories/tools-and-cookware/7421.html

Last edited:
Got some friends over and made pizza dough earlier. Kitchen thermometer is showing 34C and after 2 hours proving the dough had quadrupled, was very sticky and stunk of fermentation. Much more than i'm used to.

Am hoping it's alright! I've read conflicting reports online. Got 8 of us, one of those times those double ovens would be ideal!

Got some friends over and made pizza dough earlier. Kitchen thermometer is showing 34C and after 2 hours proving the dough had quadrupled, was very sticky and stunk of fermentation. Much more than i'm used to.

Am hoping it's alright! I've read conflicting reports online. Got 8 of us, one of those times those double ovens would be ideal!

This happened to me last week. I saved it by dunking the dough into lots of semolina before shaping and made it easier to work with and less sticky.

Flour type 01 100g
Flour type 00 400g
Water 5C 310g
Salt 15g
Yeast Dried 0.2g
Start time 10:30 pm
Mix to 23.5/24C let stand for 10 minutes to relax then ball, let stand in the pantry for 11 hours re-ball 270g and use at around the 4 hour mark, it will last another few hours after that, or retard in the fridge.

11:00pm
IMG-0038-Copy.jpg

10:00am 1:00pm
IMG-0001-Copy.jpg
IMG-0022-Copy.jpg

4:00pm
IMG-0038-Copy-2.jpg

5:30pm
Pizza-Copy.jpg

Edit: Note to self 28th September, Now using 0.6g of yeast for the same process 59/60f room temp.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom