*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Don't really know what people expected from what seemed to be a mainly domestic Japanese event.

If there was something big it would surely be on a more worldwide (European/US) scale.

(Yes the world can watch via the Internet, but you know.. :p)
When Sony promise us "the news you’ve been waiting for" I don't think it's unfair to expect something a little bit better than PS Vita TV and a new Vita. I was expecting something like Microsoft's free game announcement, or perhaps news of a Naughty Dog title.

It's more than just a TV addon.

The device has a slot for PS Vita memory cards and can play over 1,300 Vita, PSP, and PlayStation One titles. It will retail for 9,954 yen but needs a DualShock 3 controller to operate which is not included in the base package. A bundle containing the controller will be sold for 14,994 yen.

The system can also be used to play PS4 games via remote play and can also be used to view online streaming services such as Hulu.

Edit: Now with video.

Last edited:
That's actually pretty good. Still not the PS4 news I was expecting, but certainly useful.

It's what was missing from the Vita, a TV OUT feature. I may get one of these. (pending how well it up scales of course.)

It would be a very good addition to my set up. PS4 on the big TV downstairs and Vita TV on my PC Screen upstairs.

Last edited:
You always seem to be using PlayTV, I'm amazed you manage to find enough on Freeview worth watching. :p

I imagine such a thing will come next year if there's one in the works, it's mostly a European thing so it won't appeal to the American market.

You always seem to be using PlayTV, I'm amazed you manage to find enough on Freeview worth watching. :p

I imagine such a thing will come next year if there's one in the works, it's mostly a European thing so it won't appeal to the American market.

I noticed this too. Every time i turn on my PS3 he's sitting there on PlayTV :p

My PS3s basically always on PlayTV even if Im not there :p. Just a bad habit as it caused issues with recordings if it auto-shutdown or something. TBH I probably just get a new TV after Christmas which would be just simpler :p

ps3ud0 :cool:

My PS3s basically always on PlayTV even if Im not there :p. Just a bad habit as it caused issues with recordings if it auto-shutdown or something. TBH I probably just get a new TV after Christmas which would be just simpler :p

considering how much tv you watch surely a xbox 1 would be on your crimbo list especially with fifa getting dropped in for free.

Yup, none have really rocked my world. The free game from MS was probably the best one, and even that is only a benefit if you're a fan of Fifa/Forza.

They pretty much had to do that though, to try counteract the price without deducting the price.

as for the Vita TV reveal, meh boring.

What actually was the event today?

The only interesting thing about it, is that it seems to have Remote Play capabilities as well, so you could connect it up to another tv in your house and play your PS4 on that TV.

Or you could just not be lazy and move the PS4 to the other tv, but might be good for if you want the PS4 in the living room but have kids and don't want to buy them their own.

if i wanted to move my ps3 (which is where the ps4 is going to be going) to another room, it would probably take me the best part of 15 minutes to remove it all, but putting it back in could take 30+ minutes.

the way my 50 inch tv is positioned it is extremely hard to get behind the tv.

the number of wires i have behind the tv makes it extremely hard to wire it all up.

then i have to run an optical cable to the soundbar as well as a HDMI to the tv.

i also need to run a av multi out cable to my headset which also plugs into the USB at the front of the console which would all need disconnected as well.

then i also have about 14 plugs in 2 multi socket extensions to deal with as well.

i would never want to play my ps4 on another tv though so it's not for me, but i could see how someone in a similar position would want this feature.

nothing to do with being lazy, the way my setup is, i risk disconnecting other devices or even breaking something when i'm doing it all.

it could be something i look into though when i move home and have a dedicated game's room or something.

Damn I want PlayTV HD to be announced!

will never happen, regional differences in tuners will see to that, plus play tv is crap anyway when compared to a dedicated machine, most people have sky+ hd or tivo nowadays anyway, so no need to hook a console up to a aerial, etc which is a pain.

also it only has 2 usb slots, if they wanted to release a play tv HD they would have had 4 minimum imo, since it would use a slot permanently.

Back
Top Bottom