*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Yeah I got the email too. I'll be gutted if it's delivered on 5th Nov, I don't want to have COD Ghosts and have to wait 3 weeks for the PS4 release.

So MCV have said there could be a 4 month shortage in the UK as PlayStation UK did not think demand would be as high apparently .

http://pixelenemy.com/report-ps4-could-be-in-shortage-for-up-to-four-months-in-the-uk/

This is a bit worrying as I only got interested just after the pre ordering shut down! I know a lot of people rightly can jump on the bandwagon as soon as things were available but I choose a console by what games I want to play so waited to see some more videos! Waiting for 4 months if there are big shortages may besuited torturous!

Maybe the real motivation only set in for me when I realised GTA5 had no PC version!? But then hit is not on PS4 anyway.

This is a bit worrying as I only got interested just after the pre ordering shut down! I know a lot of people rightly can jump on the bandwagon as soon as things were available but I choose a console by what games I want to play so waited to see some more videos! Waiting for 4 months if there are big shortages may besuited torturous!

Maybe the real motivation only set in for me when I realised GTA5 had no PC version!? But then hit is not on PS4 anyway.

CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment America Jack Tretton said they want to give consumers an opportunity to buy one, so they are holding back inventory to make sure people have an opportunity to buy one when they come in on launch day. ( this was stated for USA lunch 15th so they may do the same for UK). So you may be able to pick one up on the day without a pre-order, good luck ;)

Am glad to hear about the ability to upgrade PS3 version of BF4 to PS4.

Not going to be getting it on all various platforms like I did BF3. This time is console only.

Mouse and keyboard just make me feel like I'm at work.

I plan to go all digital for my PS4, really want to play BF4 so it makes a bit of sense for me at least to get the digital version on the PSN Store then upgrade the PS4 version on the 29th without faffing with the disc.

Plus part of me dies inside when I have to go to a game store now, especially when they try to get you to buy extras that you're not interested in but won't just accept a 'No thank you'

:rolleyes:

Exactly what I'm hoping for - waltz into a shop in town on launch day and grab one ;)

Doubt you'll be waltzing in anywhere to get one.

It seems to be the done thing for people to be queuing outside shops at least a day before new stuff is released so they can get one at the midnight launch.

I find it all a bit baffling to be honest. :confused:

Doubt you'll be waltzing in anywhere to get one.

It seems to be the done thing for people to be queuing outside shops at least a day before new stuff is released so they can get one at the midnight launch.

I find it all a bit baffling to be honest. :confused:

I wont be queuing a day before, but i will be going in for the midnight launch, i enjoy my gaming it's my version of going to the pub, so popping out and meeting other like minded folke is quite good fun.

lol - I ain't queuing for nothing.

Plan is already set - Lunchtime me and three colleagues hit town on launch day- whichever shop has a PS4 available gets my monies

If not - rinse, repeat the following day - no biggie as we goto town for lunch anyhoo :p

lol - I ain't queuing for nothing.

Plan is already set - Lunchtime me and three colleagues hit town on launch day- whichever shop has a PS4 available gets my monies

If not - rinse, repeat the following day - no biggie as we goto town for lunch anyhoo :p

You would be better off going into a shop now and reserving one, then pick it up on your lunch. Could well easily be sold out everywhere due to it being near Christmas.

You would be better off going into a shop now and reserving one, then pick it up on your lunch. Could well easily be sold out everywhere due to it being near Christmas.
Nowhere is guaranteeing pre-orders any more though, online or in store. Shops are apparantly keeping stock back though to sell to the normal public on launch, so just walking in to the store is as good a bet as any.

Back
Top Bottom