*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Nowhere is guaranteeing pre-orders any more though, online or in store. Shops are apparantly keeping stock back though to sell to the normal public on launch, so just walking in to the store is as good a bet as any.

no it isn't.

Less of that language please - Davey who haven't pre-ordered will be queuing for like 24 hours in advance to the shop opening in order to get their hands on one of the 5 or so a shop may get their hands on that haven't been pre-ordered.

by the time you get there on your lunch break they would have sold out hours ago and within 5 minutes of the shop opening it's doors.

no it isn't.

Those patient people who haven't pre-ordered will be queuing for like 24 hours in advance to the shop opening in order to get their hands on one of the 5 or so a shop may get their hands on that haven't been pre-ordered.

by the time you get there on your lunch break they would have sold out hours ago and within 5 minutes of the shop opening it's doors.

lol - If I can wait two months for the console to be released, whats another week or so!? :p

Got Tombraider, Fifa 14, and GTAV to keep me busy until the PS4 is available

PS - Fixed for ya ;)

lol - If I can wait two months for the console to be released, whats another week or so!? :p

Got Tombraider, Fifa 14, and GTAV to keep me busy until the PS4 is available

PS - Fixed for ya ;)

you reckon it will come back into stock with major amounts of supply within 1 week of launching?

it will be out of stock for months most likely everywhere

I have to be honest, we've got four on order.

One each for me, my brother, my stepson and a forth for a work colleague taking up the one I've ordered from ASDA to make sure I got one.

Its going to be an expensive November as both the cars need tyres as well.

Is there anywhere I can get a PS4 on launch day?

Your best bet at this point in time IMO is to find somewhere that will be selling it but isn't taking pre-orders (maybe a nearby supermarket like Tesco/Asda/Sainsburys) and wait in line for a few hours before launch. Maybe take the day off work and get there properly early depending on how keen you are to get your mitts on the new console!

Sony have allready stated that anyone who wants one over the holiday period will be able to get one.
But I very much doubt it lol.

Aye, the first new Sony console released in 7 years a month before Xmas. If they do manage to keep up with demand it'll be the first time it's ever happened! I pre-ordered mine the 2nd week in August but I'm still not convinced I'll see my PS4 this year!

Last edited:
Gah you guys are making me nervous lol I preordered at game in store around the 11 July. Got an email from game last month saying they don't know how much stock they are getting in but am in a priority que? Anyone get something different?

Gah you guys are making me nervous lol I preordered at game in store around the 11 July. Got an email from game last month saying they don't know how much stock they are getting in but am in a priority que? Anyone get something different?

Had the exact same email from game as well, and I pre-ordered in June online. Until all the retailers get there allocation from Sony, no one really knows how many pre-ordered will be filled so are just covering themselves with the invertible your will get priority email. I would hope that those that pre-ordered early enough should be ok (fingers crossed ;))

Ordered mine on Amazon 29/05/13 and according my orders page I'm deff getting it. Can't be 100% sure though until retailers can confirm officially.

Still, my Mam works at Asda and they are NOT taking pre-orders. So as noted already, anyone wishing to get one now at launch I think the best bet is retailers who do not take pre-orders. With multiple stores in even the small towns I can't see it being TOO chaotic in regards to queues but still gonna have to get down early to be sure. Just check with local supermarkets and things to see who says they only offer a turn up and buy option - then it's all down to how early you go down.

(I'd just take some comics, a book or a vita/3ds and sit in the car until people start queueing so you don't have to wait out in the cold)

Still, my Mam works at Asda and they are NOT taking pre-orders. So as noted already, anyone wishing to get one now at launch I think the best bet is retailers who do not take pre-orders.

Asda were doing pre-orders, but stopped around the same time as everyone else when guarantees over Day 1 stock couldn't be given.

Still annoyed there arent any (official) bundles around on Amazon like what De and Fr have - jsut didnt want to order from them in case I had a warranty issue down the line...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Just had a look at my Amazon order and it says "delivery estimate Monday 2 Dec 2013 - Wednesday 4 Dec 2013". That was on Super Saver so just changed it to Expedited, hopefully it will improve.

Pretty naff considering its released on the 29th!

Asda were doing pre-orders, but stopped around the same time as everyone else when guarantees over Day 1 stock couldn't be given.

My local store wasn't not doing them. I had my Mam ask very early on before that happened. They said you can still order online but that they didn't offer pre-order 'in-store' for day one pick up. Stores differ so best just to check your locals.

My local is an Asda Supermarket, so maybe Hypermarkets are different or maybe it just depends on location.

I've been doing a couple online sruveys a day (10 mins a day) for 3 months and now have the £350 in Amazon vouchers saved up anyway so that's ALWAYS my choice.

Just as well it's free as I'm going through a looooong phase of not being able to enjoy a game. :mad: Hoping PS4 helps solve that....

by Masayasu Ito, Sony Computer Entertainment Japan and Asia Senior Vice president and Director of Business Unit 1

While being always online is not necessary, a network connection is important to fully enjoy the features of the PS4.
The PS4 will initially act as a stand-alone web server for the PlayStation App. In the future there’s the possibility of this to be expanded through the cloud, with the PS4 and PlayStation App interacting through the cloud, allowing cooperative play between multiple players.
The secondary chip for ultra-low power operation will mostly activate at night from 1 to 4 AM and download any required update automatically. It will also activate when software is purchased through external means like the PlayStation App.
Power consumption will vary greatly depending on the performance of the game played.
The noise level of the console during operation is generally much smaller than it was on the PS3.
The PS4′s cooling fan has a low noise level and stepless speed control (meaning that it will increase its speed to match heat smoothly and not in sudden steps like the one on the PS3).
Since the Blu-Ray player is 6x instead of 2x in speed (like the one on the PS3 was) the initial spinning noise is actually louder, but that will be countered by using the hard disk drive.
The Audio/Video performance (for movies and music) of the PS4 will target PS3 levels at launch, but will be improved through updates, for instance with the addition of 4K, as Sony is also an Audio/Video company.
The theme of the PS4 is “Personalization”, meaning that it will offer an experience tailored to each individual.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/09...power-consumption-media-performance-and-more/

Interesting, so this things gonna call home at night and update itself to help stop people from pirating and not updating firmware I guess.. Still they probably wouldn't be online or something, I dunno.

I guess you could just set the internal clock to 6am every night and hope it uses the local clock to call home.

Back
Top Bottom