*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
well found a number. Called first time, they got me to wipe everything.Rebooted and it worked.

Turned it off, the turned it back on again, same thing, just flashing blue light, like the HDMI cable isnt in.

Called them up again, swap with new console organised for Tuesday.

Soldato
Does anyone elses PS4 sound like a harrier jet hovering just below their tv?

I'm a bit concerned but other than my system seems fine, have I got something to be worried about that would warrant an exchange in the new year?

Mine got really loud until I took the back panel off my TV stand and so it just blows out into open air now, much quieter.

Soldato
Straight to Sony with that mate...their turnarounds have been impressive to say the least. People have recieved it next day by handing over the broken system to the courier in exchange for a replacement.

There's a thread on here with the contact details etc.

He doesn't need to shopto offer there own replacement scheme, they would pick his up and drop new one off

Soldato
Really enjoying the ps4 although it could be the newness of it as I only got it last night. So far I've tried the lego : marvel demo which the missus loves, Blacklight which is actually pretty decent for a free game and war thunder which is epic yet I'm finding it very difficult. I'm now downloading contrast which seems to get poor reviews but I need something remotely platformey for the girlfriend to play whilst I stick to war thunder.

The actual console itself is extremely well engineered. It looks and feels solid and I struggle to hear it making a noise when gaming but that may be as all the games I have are digital so no disk noise. I also thought the pad may take a lot of getting used too coming from years of Xbox but it feels comfortable and very responsive. I never had a ps3 but the triggers on the ds4 seem absolutely fine.

My biggest plus is the lack of jaggies on everything. I've always been one who was willing to sacrifice graphical quality for more AA as it really ruins games for me but its brilliant to have both superb graphics And AA.

All in all, I am extremely happy with it so far.

Soldato
Surprised I haven't seen more people report the store loading and new/game feeds not loading issues , I hope sony fix this in there next patch.
It's an obvious issue there end, 8 page long thread on it over on the US ps4 support forum

Soldato
In two minds what to do with mine. I have that screeching noise when inserting and ejecting discs. Isn't there when standing vertically, but then I cna't display it neatly in my TV unit. Can just stick it off to the side like next to the subwoofer.

It's working perfectly fine but worried for the future. Will likely just keep using it for now until the hols have passed then get it swapped out if they will for this fault.

Soldato
I wish the PS4 had the blue band light on when you play instead of white, looks far sleeker.

It needs to be adjustable, personally I hate lights on stuff with a passion as they're just a distraction for no reason. If I'm playing on it why do I need a bloody great stripe of white light to tell me its on?

Awful design.

Back
Top Bottom