*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
That's fine if I knew what I wanted to play, I'm at the point were it takes quite a few scrolls to get through all my games, bit annoying when I want to have a look at games I haven't played in a while :o

It almost sounds like you have too many PS4 games, quite the opposite of the usual 'ps4 has no games!' complaints you read! :p :D

I do agree though they need to put in some sorting or sub-folder option in future.

Caporegime
Got my PS4 yesterday along with The Last of Us and MGS Ground Zero. Think I must be jaded from to much PC gaming as I just wasn't blown away by the GFX. MGS looks good and feels very smooth, but just doesn't make me feel like I'm playing on a next gen console.

And I really dislike the PS4 UI.

Going to start The last of Us shortly, had it for the PS3 since release but never got started. And then held off for the PS4 version. What I've seen from others playing this makes it look really good.

Well buy a ps3 then and compare them. It's a massive jump.

Associate
Well buy a ps3 then and compare them. It's a massive jump.

I already have a PS3 and I don't feel it is a massive jump. MGS GZ feels like an MGS game which is good, but GFX wise it doesn't feel that much more advanced this gen compared to last. Looking at it I can see higher detail models and some nice AA but not much else.

Comparing the PS4 to a high end PC might be a little unfair as others have said it's still early days. But I still feel things should have moved on a little more.

For now I'm really looking forward to Destiny and next gen Uncharted. And have my fingers crossed for a re-mastered version of Uncharted 1/2/3 and GoW.

Soldato
I already have a PS3 and I don't feel it is a massive jump. MGS GZ feels like an MGS game which is good, but GFX wise it doesn't feel that much more advanced this gen compared to last. Looking at it I can see higher detail models and some nice AA but not much else.

Comparing the PS4 to a high end PC might be a little unfair as others have said it's still early days. But I still feel things should have moved on a little more.

For now I'm really looking forward to Destiny and next gen Uncharted. And have my fingers crossed for a re-mastered version of Uncharted 1/2/3 and GoW.

People said the same things at the start of the last generation of consoles. For instance the game Black looked better on the Xbox than some 360 launch titles. It's early days and things will improve but I feel the standard of visuals has been excellent so far and it's only getting better :)

Soldato
The ps4 has been more impressive then the ps3 was for me, really enjoyed the ps4 so far and there's some excellent games out for it now and up and coming.. the ui needs a sort option and I'd like to change the backdrop but other then this it works great.. much improved over the ps3 and the ui is better then the 360 menus, not had much time on an x1 to compare the x1 to the ps4 ui but I don't hate it, and I don't dislike it either, but I don't love it but I find it easy to use and acceptable...

Soldato
Just got these from Grainger Games for £4, my pads left analogue stick has began to degrade and peel away.

Have the above and didn't like them felt too chunky and slipper than the originals

I played with one of each to start with (one convex studded (ooh er) and one concave smooth) and found the concave one to be great. Much better having the larger surface area that the tiny DS4 analogue stick alone, better for big hands.

Associate
The ps4 has been more impressive then the ps3 was for me, really enjoyed the ps4 so far and there's some excellent games out for it now and up and coming.. the ui needs a sort option and I'd like to change the backdrop but other then this it works great.. much improved over the ps3 and the ui is better then the 360 menus, not had much time on an x1 to compare the x1 to the ps4 ui but I don't hate it, and I don't dislike it either, but I don't love it but I find it easy to use and acceptable...

Likewise. I haven't touched a game on my PC in ages, which is in contrast to my PS3.

As for the UI, I'm sure I saw/heard somewhere that Sony plan to add customisation in a future update? The PS4 UI doesn't bother me that much but I do miss tinkering with the background and icons.

Associate
What do you not like and what what improvements/features would you like to see?

I really don't see the hate for it. Does what I need it to.

Some customisation would be nice but that's not a huge deal.

The huge horizontal line of games and apps mainly.

The Xbox One allows you to pin games to homepage so one click of left bumper and you have 24 tiles that you can reorder. It is much better.

The PS store is also a mess ;)

Caporegime

Well I've played GZ on both and can tell you there is a big difference between the two and I'm not even graphics whore.

Back
Top Bottom